HeXen - Wide screen friendly

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
RockstarRaccoon

Re: HeXen - Wide screen friendly

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Talk to Rolls, I'm pretty sure he already has some of this done. I'm also pretty sure I've seen a widescreen version of the status bar, though that might have been Heretic...
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Fantastic. Not playing Hexen without this ever again.
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

Updated with widescreen versions of titlescreen, intermission screens and all ending screens!
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

Great stuff. While Nash was starting the Doom widescreen project, it was pointed out that, in order to be 21:9 widescreen compliant, the images must be 560x200. Any chance you'd take a stab at extending the widescreen images further to work with this aspect ratio?
bumpersticker

Post by bumpersticker »

I understand this is late, like, really late but there's a weird gap at the bottom of the screen you can see your weapons through when you play as any class. I checked and the issue does not exist in vanilla Hexen.
I'd fix it up myself if my brain wasn't smooth but it's certainly a weird one. I was gonna include a screenshot on the test map but I accidentally discovered that it's only weapons that show through, which is somewhat difficult to show in a screenshot alone. It's most noticeable as the Fighter.

Fantastic mod aside from that, however.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”