Doom Alpha Weapons mod.

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Doom Alpha Weapons mod.

Postby Crackers0106 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:27 am

Hello. I have made a mod that replaces the Pistol, Shotgun, and Chaingun with their sprites from the Doom Alpha.

The Pistol is replaced with a Rife.

The Shotgun is replaced with its older sprite.

And the Chaingun is now a Machinegun

I have also recently removed all duplicated stuff from the DOOM iwad and added a new pickup sprite for the Machinegun

It is also compatible with Vanilla Doom and Chocolate Doom but you have to use -merge or it will crash.

Here are some screenshots too.

Please tell me what you think of this and tell me ways it could be improved. Thanks.
Last edited by Crackers0106 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discord: Crackers0106#5804

Re: Doom Alpha Weapons mod.

Postby Endie » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:34 pm

just played the first Doom 2 map with idfa and i think this is pretty nice.

The things i noticed was.

1- The Machinegun seem to be too small on screen, when holding it.

2- Some recoil sprites goes up instead of going down when firing, a little strange but maybe my personal tastes? Idk.

But it's a nice job anyway
I'm the last breath of a doomed demon

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches