[ARROWS] Custom automap arrows

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

[ARROWS] Custom automap arrows

Postby m8f » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:44 am

I am not very fond of GZDoom/ZDoom original automap arrow. It is hard to see where is the front and where is the back. So I drew some different arrows:
  1. minimalistic triangle
  2. pentagram with one longer corner for occult/hell themed mods
  3. rocket for tech/space themed mods
  4. pacman for arcade themed mods
  5. corner - even better visible direction
All of them allow to see direction more clearly when zoomed out than original automap arrow:

You are free to include them in your mods in original or modified form, or load them separately.
Spoiler: This mod is a part of m8f's toolbox:
Last edited by m8f on Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
m8f
the dreamer

Discord: m8f#0629

Re: [ARROWS] Custom automap arrows

Postby eharper256 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:58 am

I'm sorta surprised no-one ever commented on this. It's pretty useful, especially with the generic triangle, because I have the same issue as you with that arrow, even if it was like that in the original game, the larger resolution of modern PC's makes it hard to see these days. So thanks m8. XD
eharper256

Re: [ARROWS] Custom automap arrows

Postby Hexereticdoom » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:51 pm

Pretty good alternative arrows, specially I love the Pacman and Corner ones! By the way, this last one reminds me the Asteroids arcade game spaceship, hehe... :D

You know something? I think I'm gonna include the Corner Arrow by default in next updates of two of my most important mods...

Spoiler:
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches