Universal Gibs

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
GeneralDelphox
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [FINAL] Universal Gibs

Post by GeneralDelphox »

>tfw still no pitch black blood
Feels bad man.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

I tested a while ago and found out that 020202 for blood color value works just fine. It's not 000000, but the difference is almost none.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

How do you get blood particles to appear? There's no CVAR and all the mod does for me is show gibs when an enemy is gibbed.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Check if Trails are enabled in the mod's Visual Options. If they are and gibs still don't show up, bump up your particle limit in GZDoom's Display Options.
Solfish

Post by Solfish »

The corpse still shows red blood even when I use blood color, anyway to fix it?
Spoiler:
Last edited by Solfish on Fri May 25, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

I'm pretty sure corpses are the right color when I last played with Colourful Hell. Did you mean when you shoot an ungibbed corpse? You may need to be more specific.
Solfish

Post by Solfish »

Sorry, english is not my first language.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Ah, that's better. Thank you. I'm not sure if this is fixable, and by looking at the code I see stuff that makes no sense (that's what happens after not looking at your code for a while), but I will investigate on Sunday when I'm back at the PC. Don't want to promise anything.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Lud wrote:Check if Trails are enabled in the mod's Visual Options. If they are and gibs still don't show up, bump up your particle limit in GZDoom's Display Options.
I can't find the mod's visual options when it is loaded.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

The menu path is as follows: Options -> Universal Gibs -> Visual Options. If you don't see the menu, update your mod version.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

@Solfish: Unfortunately, due to the implementation of shootable corpses and (mostly) the impossibility to transfer blood color (GODDAMN IT, this is bullshit!), this bug cannot be fixed. I'll put it in the known bugs. Sorry.
namsan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by namsan »

I somehow haven't noticed this mod until now.
I think this mod is very great! Especially with monster mods that don't have their own gore effects.
Thanks for making this.
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

There is one issue that isn't listed in the known issues: it seems that gibs dropping off of or against walls don't always "stop", and constantly release blood particles if you're going with the vanilla Doom style thing. This isn't an issue in vanilla thanks to how the normal blood particles work, but if you use something like Droplets or some mod replaces them, the blood will fly all over the place in whatever corner the gibs got stuck in and keep making the sounds to boot, caught in an endless splat cycle until the gibs despawn from time elapse.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Interesting. I don't think I've encountered such a bug. Could you please attempt to record a video of it? I may get a better idea of how to fix it if I can see exactly what happens and when it happens.
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Lud wrote:Interesting. I don't think I've encountered such a bug. Could you please attempt to record a video of it? I may get a better idea of how to fix it if I can see exactly what happens and when it happens.
Well I got a video of it, but it's hard to tell exactly when it happens. It always seems to be gibs that have already collided with a wall but i'm not sure. I tested without Advanced Physics on and the same thing still happens.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”