Universal Gibs

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Accensus

Re: Universal Gibs

Post by Accensus »

- Redesigned the menu.
- Added a blood brightness option. Doesn't work on gibs themselves, only pools and trails.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

- Gibs no longer use fake warp and instead utilize a shader. Thanks to Graf's fix not long ago, shaders now work properly on alphamaps.

EDIT: Oh, this means GZDoom 3.3.0+ is required. Alpha textures fix is not present in previous versions.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

- Fixed blood pools warping outside of water.

Whoops.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Thank you! Much appreciated. :D
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

- Added "Doom Blood" gib trail mode. This makes the mod fully compatible with Droplets. Looks really damn good, in fact. However, a trail density of 1-3 is recommended to avoid lag.
- Increased density range to 1-6, was 1-4.
- Minor visual adjustments to the sliding trails.

EDIT: Blood color is ignored on Doom Blood trail mode. See known issues. No fix atm. Will attempt something, still.
Last edited by Accensus on Sat May 05, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

- Fixed issue with Doom Blood trails not respecting color.
Samarai1000
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Samarai1000 »

I have to say, I'm absolutely amazed as to how well this mod sticks to it's "universal" tag, ESPECIALLY with the new "Doom blood" trails.
I didn't think Guncaster's proto-ketchup (since, y'know, it's a blood mod that's made by Mark, I'm assuming it's similar to ketchup) would work well with this, but then it completely defied my expectations by just working fine with absolutely no problems whatsoever. Aside from optimization and vision obstruction, but those aren't bugs. Great job on this, Lud.
https://streamable.com/hkzzr
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Thank you! I think I saw the video on /vr/ as well. :P
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

I absolutely love the Doom Blood option for gibs but with the amount of blood it puts out, it can get beyond Brootal Doom versions of nutty in how much blood comes out despite turning trail options as low as possible. May I suggest allowing even lower amounts of blood to come out when gibs happen? I currently have trail size down to 4 and density to 1 and it still manages to cover entire small rooms with 1 enemy's blood when using Nashgore. I can't imagine how laggy it could get when using something like Droplets.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

- Increased Density limit to 12.

This should make density of 1 not spawn blood so often.
Gay69

Re: [FINAL] Universal Gibs

Post by Gay69 »

Hey there Lud. I understand that this version may be the final version. But in the older version I kinda got the idea that it was an error in the code when, the enemies got gibed they spawned extra ammo and weaponry. But could you please add that as an option? I would love it. :D
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

This goes beyond the scope of the mod. I suggest looking into implementing it as a separate mod.
Gay69

Post by Gay69 »

And the scope of this mod what it is? To gib enemies right? Why not gibing them with a reason? The reason being the one I mentioned?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Nothing stopping you from reimplementing that yourself - these mods are open by design, after all.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

The moment this mod starts changing gameplay elements and behaviour, it stops being a graphic patch and starts having more things that could possibly break in nasty ways. It cost me an arm and a leg to get this working with resurrection. Adding more functionality like the one you requested would open a whole new can of worms. Sorry, I won't add gameplay-changing functionality.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”