Universal Gibs

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Spaceman333

Re: Universal Gibs

Post by Spaceman333 »

An actual universal gibbing addon! This is a dream come true to me, thank you so much for making this! :D
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Spaceman333 wrote:An actual universal gibbing addon! This is a dream come true to me, thank you so much for making this! :D
My pleasure!

- Added new "Nuts 'n' Springs" mode. It's a cartoonish mode, kinda. Credits to SoulCircle for providing me with the graphics and idea. :P
- Fixed bug where Mortal Kombat gibs would respect color. Bones aren't supposed to respect color!
- Fixed bug where overkill level multiplier was applied to the XY axis for the MK gibs.
SoulCircle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SoulCircle »

Lud wrote:
Spaceman333 wrote:An actual universal gibbing addon! This is a dream come true to me, thank you so much for making this! :D
My pleasure!

- Added new "Nuts 'n' Springs" mode. It's a cartoonish mode, kinda. Credits to SoulCircle for providing me with the graphics and idea. :P
- Fixed bug where Mortal Kombat gibs would respect color. Bones aren't supposed to respect color!
- Fixed bug where overkill level multiplier was applied to the XY axis for the MK gibs.
Beep Boop I am a robot, maggot.

Thanks for the addition Lud!
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

- Critical fix to add some missing files. Damn it, Git.
- Fixed some scaling issues.

Ehehehehe... Shit. I should learn to stop forgetting to do "Add".

EDIT:
- More scaling adjustments.
- Mortal Kombat bones bounciness adjustment.
- Minor velocity adjustment.
- Indentation fixes.

I'm done with this for today, lol.
SoulCircle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SoulCircle »

Yeah someone may or may not have forgotten to add the robit gib parts. :P
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

Pretty amazing mod. :D Just a few things to consider:

-There's a bug where if the gibbing threshold is set too low, ice weapons won't correctly freeze monsters.
-A separate option to fade the main gibbed corpse, just like the individual gibs (Arch-Viles can't resurrect them anyways, so)?
-Hippie Mode: Monsters explode into flowers and fruit, just like the Hippie mode in Serious Sam!
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

-There's a bug where if the gibbing threshold is set too low, ice weapons won't correctly freeze monsters.
I'll see what I can do about that later.
-A separate option to fade the main gibbed corpse, just like the individual gibs (Arch-Viles can't resurrect them anyways, so)?
Same as above. Will look into it.
-Hippie Mode: Monsters explode into flowers and fruit, just like the Hippie mode in Serious Sam!
Hell yes. Only problem is that I don't have any sprites for that. If you happen to have any, please shoot them my way in PM or in Discord. Ideas where to find such sprites (excluding Google Images) is also very welcome.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

- Corpses can now disappear along with gibs. Disabled by default.
- Blood disappearing can now be toggled on and off separately. Enabled by default.

@Ice bug: I don't think I can fix that with the current implementation. WorldThingDied doesn't give enough information, and moving everything to WorldThingDamaged will cause more problems than it's worth.
@Hippie mode: putting this on the backburner until I come up with sprites for it or if someone has resources to spare.
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

I'm wondering. Blood mods like Droplets replace blood actors or the like, don't they? In theory, would it be possible for a CVar option where either a gibbing emits blood actors or the blood trails are instead blood actors for a sort of open compatibility with other gore mods, or am I underestimating how complicated it all is? Just a random idea / theory, rather than a straight up suggestion.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

For the trails that's probably possible, but it'll look like ass, and I'm not 100% sure about it. For the floor decals and gibs... not so possible. In other words such compatibility is not going on the list of stuff to do. I have an alternative idea that's to exposе the actors spawned to a CVar and leave it up to the user to determine what class is spawned, but I have not yet worked out the details and it'd be finicky with the gibs due to how they are spawned. Don't hold your breath.
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

Wow. I gotta say. This gore mod is impressive imo. 10/10
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Would this work side by side with Droplets (w/ gibs disabled) ?
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

It should, but disabling gibs is essentially the same thing as disabling the mod completely. I don't really know why I made it that way, probably for people who don't want to take it out of their load order constantly.

EDIT: In case you meant droplets gibs, yes, it should work. (Note: I have no idea what I'm talking about here, I've used droplets ages ago, don't even know if it has gibs, I just assume it does. But yes, any single mod loaded with this will work just fine due to how Universal Gibs works. Quality of results not guaranteed, however.)
StixsmasterHD

Post by StixsmasterHD »

FB_IMG_1518297332361.jpg
i managed to i think fix your neon red problem with your gibs mod.

lemme know what ya think heres a preview of it.
WallyTheBoogieBug

Post by WallyTheBoogieBug »

This is great! Its a lot more performance friendly than other examples of this sort of thing, as well as way more customizable. Exactly what I've been wanting for awhile.

I do have one major complaint. Could the default gibs be replaced, or a new optional set of gibs be added that look more generic? Something like the way Smooth Doom does it, where the gibs are simply recolored Doom sprites. Its quite strange that Cacodemons can drop 3 hands and 2 arms despite, well, yknow... As well as the gibs being (in my opinion) kind of unsightly.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”