[WIP] Cyberpunk HUD (Current Version: 0.3.0)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
jakob

[WIP] Cyberpunk HUD (Current Version: 0.3.0)

Post by jakob »

This is a cyberpunk-themed custom HUD based on SiN, Half-Life, and the beta versions of the original Deus Ex.

Before you complain that the HUD is too small, try increasing the scale in "CPHUD Options". The default is ridiculously low so that it takes up the full screen, but that might not be desirable in higher resolutions.

Also, the lag/headache/eye-strain inducing static effect can be disabled in the options.

The current version is 0.3.0, released on January 6th, 2018. It is available for download here.

The only things not made by me are the Memento Mori 2 font, taken from Jimmy on Realm667, and the sprite used for communications messages, wich was taken from Shinseiki GPX Cyber Formula for the Gameboy.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Changelog:
Spoiler:
Last edited by jakob on Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
hoover1979
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Cyberpunk HUD

Post by hoover1979 »

Nice! I'll have to check this one out.
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Re: [WIP] Cyberpunk HUD (Current Version: 0.3.0)

Post by m8f »

Hi!

This is very stylish HUD. And I like cool static effect. It really makes you try not to lose health :) And clever WeaponFound() detection.

I have some issues with it:
  1. Up to scale value 4.0, HUD doesn't increase size, only moves closer to the center of the screen. Only then it becomes larger, and stays near the center of the screen.
    Spoiler:
  2. Static effect - maybe changing frames every tick is too fast? I tried to decrease static frame rate:
    Spoiler:
jakob

Post by jakob »

m8f wrote:Hi!

This is very stylish HUD. And I like cool static effect. It really makes you try not to lose health :) And clever WeaponFound() detection.

I have some issues with it:
  1. Up to scale value 4.0, HUD doesn't increase size, only moves closer to the center of the screen. Only then it becomes larger, and stays near the center of the screen.
    Spoiler:
  2. Static effect - maybe changing frames every tick is too fast? I tried to decrease static frame rate:
    Spoiler:
I appreciate the feedback! Hopefully I'll be able to fix the issues you mentioned next time I put out a release. It's been a while since I've looked at this, but I seem to remember that centering problem being because of calls to SetSize. Maybe I can find a better solution to scaling if I look at the API more.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

This looks pretty cool. Gonna try this out with a weapon mod or two.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

jakob wrote:*snip*
Hey, the hud worked nicely with the weapon mod I was using (Highway To Hell V3) except that none of the communication messages shown in your screenshots showed up for weapons or low health. :(

EDIT: So far, seems to only be for that mod (Highway To Hell V3) as other mods worked fine.

EDIT 2: Having a window to show reserve ammunition, for those mods that have reloading/clip mechanics, might also be handy, as well as being able to keep an eye on how much spare ammo you have.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

It seems like this HUD doesn't seem to work at all with newer versions of GZDoom (resulting in a crash every time it tries to boot up with it). And yes, I've even tried to load it without any other mods.
I know this is quite a bump, but I'd figure to post this here as it might be relevant for those who are interested in this HUD but also have more recent versions of GZDoom, especially since this seems to stem more from the HUD's coding rather than anything having to do with GZDoom itself. And of course, I've attached the crash report below:
CrashReport_CyberpunkHUD.zip
(21.53 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I also apologize to bump a year-old bump too. I just thought it would be prudent to warn that this HUD won't work with LZDoom as well, giving me a crash even before booting.

Too bad, i really like the looks of it. If someone has contact with the creator, it would be helpful.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”