Reikall's Voxels.

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mr.Goodbar

Re: Reikall's Voxels.

Post by Mr.Goodbar »

Reikall, I hope you're still working on your stuff plus the voxels, just by using them made by play Heretic and Doom 2 back to back on their entirety, they look so good and fit so well, like that was the way the games were meant to be played from the start, anyhow, good luck!
akidd

Post by akidd »

Reikall,

First, you are very talented and it is appreciated you share all your hard work. I don't see much activity here, so I hope the project isn't dead.

First, I cannot get it to work with ZDoom 3.6.0 (latest as I write this)
Execution could not continue.

Script error, "reikalldoomsoftvoxels.pk3:cvarinfo" line 1:
cvar 'sv_wallcheck' already exists
Next, since Brutal Doom 2.1 is almost finished (currently at RC3) - is it at all possible to get the missing weapon voxels added? Personally I only like/want the pickup objects but hey...

Anyway, thanks again
Trusty McLegit

Post by Trusty McLegit »

There is a Brutal Doom Voxel pack here: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=47555

It hasn't been updated in a while, but upon very quick testing it seems to work fine aside from a couple missing voxels for new sprites in the new version of brutal doom.
akidd

Post by akidd »

Thanks, I noticed several missing voxels including some of the vanilla pickups.
RABID

Post by RABID »

i'd love to see the brutal doom voxel weapons finished so it can be added to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vztGw7XyOcM&t=216s
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

GZDoom version 3.7.0 makes the Barrel "Glow" as if GLDEFS light level doesn't matter, plus the health and armor bonuses illuminate brightly.

Barrel seen here:

I just removed the GLDEFS for the barrel object as well as the bonuses' because commenting them out still had them a bit bright even when lowering GL light levels.
apoxalex

Post by apoxalex »

Hi Reikall! I love these voxels! I can't get over how seamless and gorgeous these came out, 10/10 :)

I noticed the option for "Auto-rotate decorations (next map)" isn't stopping the rotations on a level change (unless I'm misunderstanding how this option works).
Does anybody know how to fix this via DECORATE? (I'm still fairly clueless when it comes to DECORATE) Thanks!
etb

Post by etb »

How I am supposed to use this voxels? Either versions crash my Heretic game.

Code: Select all

$ zdoom -file reikallhereticvoxels.pk3

[...]
Script error, "reikallhereticvoxels.pk3:decorate" line 27:
Call to unknown function 'GetCVAR'

*** Fatal Error ***
!!! Failed to exec debug process
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Code: Select all

$ zdoom -file reikallravenvoxelslite.pk3

[...]
Script error, "reikallravenvoxelslite.pk3:voxeldef" line 20:
Expected integer constant but got '-' instead.
Dark-Assassin

Post by Dark-Assassin »

Your ZDoom version is too old. Try upgrading LZDoom instead.
etb

Post by etb »

All right found this distinction between ZDoom, LZDoom, and GZDoom. Installing the LZDoom or GZDoom this pack works fine and it looks gorgeous is there anything similar for monsters?
NaliSeed

Post by NaliSeed »

Hi, Reikall. I sent you a message a few days back requesting your permission to use some of your voxels in my project (Doom II & The Ultimate Doom Reforged) for moddb.com, but I haven't gotten your reply. I just want to use the voxels for weapons, keys and armor in my mod, so let me know if that's ok. 8-)
JuliusKoolius

Post by JuliusKoolius »

(This is probably a dumb question) Is this project dead?
Deon

Post by Deon »

The existing voxels look amazing.

I will build my project keeping them in mind, and I will recommend them as "a required mod" for my map.
This is the beginning of the map:

This is EXACTLY what I needed to get the desired feel for the map. Thank you SO MUCH!
Angel Soul
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Angel Soul »

@Reikall - What you have done is really great. I have just started my first steps in making Voxel graphics, and I would be very grateful if you could assisst me a bit as I am making powerup icons for another mod, but this time as voxel art. Very nice work.
DefectiveByDesign
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by DefectiveByDesign »

Hi, I'm using the smoothdoom version of these voxels, and they look great, but performance tanks massively on large maps like Eviternity. Can someone make a LOD patch that turns off voxels at far distances? You can't tell at long range anyway, and it makes maps unplayable without a culling mechanism.

Here's an example of something that might be useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D9UUMB5J4Y

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”