Killcombo Announcer

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gezzdt

Killcombo Announcer

Post by Gezzdt »

This mod anounces your combo kills like in unreal tournament, quick progressive kills and general set numbers of kills. And when all monsters a dead in the level you get a ULTRAAAAACOMBOOOO!!! or congratulations, you are the winner! :D

It's not perfect, with some mods the sound can cut off, i tried my best to prevent it...
I share this because i have not seen such a mod for GZdoom and i hope maybe someone more skilled can perfect it or use it as base. Beware its just acs and decorate.

edit: changed code so "all monster killed" works after new monster spawns are killed

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cn4f0vqv8bd8ii3/combos2.pk3

A short video:
Spoiler:
Because someone asked, here is my own Blood mod as seen in the video.

edit: tweaked it more to my liking. its a mix of turok 2 (remaster) and Blood blood (when a monster dies)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ixt25dhupk054qu/Blut-only.pk3
Last edited by Gezzdt on Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
Voros

Re: Killcombo Announcer

Post by Voros »

Gezzdt wrote: It's not perfect, with some mods the sound can cut off, i tried my best to prevent it...
have you tried using alternative channels eg

Code: Select all

TNT1 A 1 A_PlaySound("ComboXtreme",7)
Plays the sound in channel 7, which is unused. 5 and 6 are also primarily unused.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

I just loaded up this up with a new playthrough and the first time I heard the ULTRAAAA COMBOOOO I burst out laughing. That little detail is so good. :thumb: :laff:
Also the whole experience of the doom marine trying to save the world while a random disembodied voice just yells out kill announcements out of nowhere makes for a pretty hilarious comedy.

Thank you for making this mod, it really enriched my game and made me laugh a lot.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

now all we need is a hotline miami 2 styled combo counter :D
Gezzdt

Post by Gezzdt »

Thanks spaceman! Yeah i get a big smile on my face when i hear that sound. :D
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

A while back I was thinking about making a mod like this, except that the idea was to make it more silly by having the kill combo and kill streaks continue way past the holyshit/wickedsick levels, for as many fitting sound files I could find.

I originally hesitated to make it because I thought it would have been too obnoxious for the gameplay, but this mod is proving me wrong. I'm actually enjoying it a lot with all the absurdity it adds to the experience. I think taking it to the extreme would be genuinely worth it. I have UT2k4 installed (+mods) and a lot of sound clips I can extract from it to fuel this idea.

Would you be ok if I used this mod as a base and created a ridiculous spinoff version that adds hudmessages for each combo/streak and greatly extended the library of sound clips?
Gezzdt

Post by Gezzdt »

@ Spaceman333: Oh yeah, feel free to do so! :)

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”