FIREBLU - ATTACK OF THE BITRATES - (WIP)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SheilaVixen11454

FIREBLU - ATTACK OF THE BITRATES - (WIP)

Post by SheilaVixen11454 »

FIREBLU: ATTACK OF THE BITRATES
A Doom 2 graphics mod

Spoiler: What is seen, cannot be unseen. (Large image)
FIREBLU: ATTACK OF THE BITRATES is a graphic mod that changes every single Doom 2 texture to FireBlu, one of the most creative and innovative textures that is commonly used throughout the Doom community. Now you can forever see one of the greatest textures seen in every single wad of your choice. Play it with your favorite wads of all time or play it with the classic and original Doom for a completely new experience!

Features:
- Support for many vanilla doom wads, allowing every favorite wad to be a completely colorful experience!
- Completely animated with a whole two frames!
- The ability to surpass the power of streaming and recording software!

Screenshots:
Spoiler: Screenshot 1
Spoiler: Screenshot 2
Spoiler: Screenshot 3
Planned Features:
a written apology.

Download:
Dropbox
Nash's Version

Credits:
DoomTheRobot for writing this post, and the inspiration for this mod.
Lazorinc for vetting this mod on stream and nearly dying.
God for leaving us unfinished
And finally Nash for being a good sport and making the mod great. (thank you!)

If you couldn't tell by now. This is a joke mod.
Last edited by SheilaVixen11454 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DoomTheRobot
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: FIREBLU - ATTACK OF THE BITRATES - (WIP)

Post by DoomTheRobot »

I've been waiting for this day for a very long time.
SheilaVixen11454

sorry to keep you waiting :c
ToxicTels0n

Post by ToxicTels0n »

This looks gnarly.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Nash

Post by Nash »

Here's the exact same thing but done in ZScript, for educational purposes. :mrgreen:

Works universally with any game IWAD, any WAD, any mod. Works on its own, no texture duplicates. Minimal coding.
fireblu.pk3
(20.25 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
SheilaVixen11454

Thank you so much oh my god
DoomTheRobot

Post by DoomTheRobot »

Nash wrote:Here's the exact same thing but done in ZScript, for educational purposes. :mrgreen:

Works universally with any game IWAD, any WAD, any mod. Works on its own, no texture duplicates. Minimal coding.
fireblu.pk3
This is exactly why ZScript is quickly going to become one of the greatest methods of modding for the doom community.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

DoomGeek101 wrote:This is exactly why ZScript is quickly going to become one of the greatest methods of modding for the doom community.
Whilst I'm most definitely not saying that zscript is anything other than great, I feel that many people who don't have enough of a programmers head on their shoulders will find zscript too techy to be their goto modding tool. Take Nash's "minimal coding" example here:
Spoiler:
I'm going to suggest that even that's enough to put many people off, and it is (as Nash said) only a minimal example.

On the flip-side, of course, I'm sure that people who are happy with coding are going to do some truly amazing things with zscript.
DoomTheRobot

Post by DoomTheRobot »

Enjay wrote:
DoomGeek101 wrote:This is exactly why ZScript is quickly going to become one of the greatest methods of modding for the doom community.
Whilst I'm most definitely not saying that zscript is anything other than great, I feel that many people who don't have enough of a programmers head on their shoulders will find zscript too techy to be their goto modding tool. Take Nash's "minimal coding" example here:
Spoiler:
I'm going to suggest that even that's enough to put many people off, and it is (as Nash said) only a minimal example.

On the flip-side, of course, I'm sure that people who are happy with coding are going to do some truly amazing things with zscript.
After all, I did say it was going to be the greatest method, but I never said it was the easiest. I will probably never get myself around to learning ZScript or anything, but that's okay, ACS took years of messing around with to somehow finally being able to get an understanding of it for myself, and all it took was some dedication. Same thing will probably be said by others to ZScript as time passes on and more dedication is put into learning it. We'll just have to see. :D
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Indeed. I wasn't really disagreeing with you. merely adding my £0.02/thoughts to what you already said.
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

Ok now replace the monters sprites by fire blu :p
SheilaVixen11454

Nash wrote:Here's the exact same thing but done in ZScript, for educational purposes. :mrgreen:

fireblu.pk3
the only thing I wish worked were the skies, seeing fireblue as the sky was horrifying and beautiful at the same time xD
Nash

Post by Nash »

Just for clarification, I didn't mean to step on SheilaVixen11454's toes... to be honest, I thought this was a funny mod and I had a good chuckle when I saw it. But naturally to me, what came next was... how do I make the mod smaller? They did state in the OP that it would be great if the mod could be made smaller, and I couldn't resist exercising my ZScript as doing is learning, after all. I was up for the challenge!

(On an offtopic note, I'd become quite rusty with ZScript because I've been away from it for a month or so, so this was the perfect opportunity for me to refresh my memory)

Anyway, I fixed the sky, and the mod isn't so minimal anymore. XD And, because I did say that this was for educational purposes, I added lots of comments to the code, which makes the code look even more cluttered than it really is. Hopefully the comments do explain clearly what is happening at each step.
Attachments
fireblu-skyfix.pk3
(20.89 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
HorrorMovieRei
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

This is nice.
Spoiler:

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”