Doom 64 graphics only (Skins folder friendly)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
HorrorMovieRei
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Doom 64 graphics only (Skins folder friendly)

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

>>>DOOM 64 GUNS<<<
>>>DOOM 64 GRAPHICS<<<(monsters, items, etc)

By abusing GZDoom's ability to load high resolution graphics over sprites/textures, I have created a skins folder-friendly Doom 64 graphics patch. Sure, it's a roundabout, hacky way that bloats filesize, but hey. It werks(sic).

FAQ:
>Will you be making a version that uses the improved reload animations?
Yes, eventually. While I prefer the default, quake-like animations, I know that a lot of people prefer the improved ones that many Doom 64 mods use.

>Why didn't you use Brutal Doom 64's Revenant/Mastermind?
With all due respect, but that Revenant looks terrible. The mastermind, I actually liked. Problem is that the death animation is botched to hell(you probably can't notice it under the clouds of gibs it spews upon death).

>Why didn't you replace the Archvile with the Mother Demon?
I tried to make it work, but it didn't. The Archvile has waaay too many frames. Until someone models an actual Doom 64-styled archvile and makes sprites out of it, I don't think there's any fitting substitute. (*WINK WINK* TO ALL YOU MODELERS OUT THERE)

Lo and behold, laggy footage of me playing that one Metroid mod, but with Doom 64 enemies. (No actors were edited)

Credits:
Midway - Doom 64
Kaiser - Doom 64 EX
Footman - Chaingunner sprite, Mastermind sprite
Amuscaria - Revenant Sprite
Blastfrog - Archvile attack sound
DrDoctor - Lots of decoration sprites
Horror Movie Guy - Compiled everything, made the 'live stick' sprite

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”