Page 1 of 1

Top HP Bars 1.04

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:16 pm
by coldcite
Image
In Action 1 In Action 2

Really simple mod to add HP bars on top or enemies and players.
Should work alongside any game and mod, let me know otherwise and I'll try to take care of it to the best of my still limited knowledge.
Used SpriteShadow - Duke3D-style Shadows as a base.

Requires GZDoom 3.1.0

Enjoy!

Known Issues
  • "Allow Stealth" setting might not update properly until next level on enemies with special rendering styles (like spectres)
  • Mods that change max HP dynamically may cause display issues


1.04
  • Fix: crashing issue with some sprites
1.03
  • Fix: positioning issues finally fixed (for real this time)
  • Add: setting to make bars FULLBRIGHT and ignore sector light
  • Add: setting to adjust vertical offset
  • Add: setting to enable/disable displaying bars on "stealth" enemies
1.02
  • Fix: vertical positioning should be more accurate
  • Fix: enemy renderstyle/alpha correctly applied now
  • Fix: elevators won't drop bars to the floor anymore
  • Add: settings menu under "Gameplay Options" (bar scale, style A and B)
1.01
  • Fix: scaling issue with high-resolution sprites
  • Fix: compatibility with Legendoom

Re: Top HP Bars 1.0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:04 pm
by ibm5155
This is a Gameplay Mod and not a TC like mod

Re: Top HP Bars 1.0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:07 pm
by coldcite
ibm5155 wrote:This is a Gameplay Mod and not a TC like mod

Fair enough, I wasn't clear on what "Other Projects" really meant.

Re: Top HP Bars 1.0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:05 pm
by Spaceman333
Heck yeah, I saw this on /vr/ and was waiting for its release. Thank you for sharing it! :D

Re: Top HP Bars 1.0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:25 pm
by Lime
for most Health bars that i've seen in zdoom, this is really good.
- bug: when an enemy is in a spot that it goes down (or up), the health bar goes down in his feet.

Re: Top HP Bars 1.0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:44 pm
by coldcite
Lime wrote:- bug: when an enemy is in a spot that it goes down (or up), the health bar goes down in his feet.

You mean like in an elevator?

Re: Top HP Bars 1.0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:20 pm
by Lime
coldcite wrote:
Lime wrote:- bug: when an enemy is in a spot that it goes down (or up), the health bar goes down in his feet.

You mean like in an elevator?


-yes. I wasn't so specific about it.

Re: Top HP Bars 1.0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:27 pm
by coldcite
Lime wrote:-yes. I wasn't so specific about it.

Okay I think I've found a way to replicate this issue, I'll take a look into it.

Re: Top HP Bars 1.04

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:02 pm
by DarkkOne
Have to say I love this mod. Throw this and Xaser's Damnums on in Hexen, and it somehow feels like a whole new game. Feels like something that always should've been there.

Re: Top HP Bars 1.04

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:07 pm
by guineu
Nice mod.

A suggestion: Move the options to the main options menu instead of gameplay menu, first time I used the mod I missed it had options and only realized it after completely reading the first post (yes I know, I should have read first). DamNums does this, and makes it easier to notice the customization options. Great mod combo btw.

A report: Not sure if it's known or if it can be alleviated in any way; when I loaded the mod with HolyHell.wad (~6700 monsters) the fps dropped to <5. Probably can't be fixed, not a big deal. Tried on a 600 monster map and worked great with no impact on fps.

Re: Top HP Bars 1.04

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:48 pm
by ShinyCrobat
You could try and fix the fps issues by only drawing the HP bar if the enemy is damaged. Would be nice as an option.

Re: Top HP Bars 1.04

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:15 pm
by Mere_Duke
guineu wrote:Nice mod.

A suggestion: Move the options to the main options menu instead of gameplay menu, first time I used the mod I missed it had options and only realized it after completely reading the first post (yes I know, I should have read first). DamNums does this, and makes it easier to notice the customization options. Great mod combo btw.

A report: Not sure if it's known or if it can be alleviated in any way; when I loaded the mod with HolyHell.wad (~6700 monsters) the fps dropped to <5. Probably can't be fixed, not a big deal. Tried on a 600 monster map and worked great with no impact on fps.


I've made custom version for myself and for you too
Changes:
1) Monsters doesn't show bars if at full HP (to increase the performance)
2) Bars for dead monsters are removed when they are dead (to increase the performance)

HolyHell.wad = no lags at all

Re: Top HP Bars 1.04

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:25 pm
by wildweasel
Mere_Duke wrote:1) Monsters doesn't show bars if at full HP (to increase the performance)

Does this also take into account monsters who are above full (i.e. for LegenDoom)?
2) Bars for dead monsters are removed when they are dead (to increase the performance)

It's a bit strange to me that this was not already the case.

Either way, downloading, as this seems like a great improvement to a file I'm already using most of the time anyway.

Re: Top HP Bars 1.04

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:54 pm
by Mere_Duke
wildweasel wrote:
Mere_Duke wrote:1) Monsters doesn't show bars if at full HP (to increase the performance)

Does this also take into account monsters who are above full (i.e. for LegenDoom)?

Oh, I didn't even know that "above full" is possible, can you help me find the exact place in LegenDoom where I can see "overhealthed" monster? It seems that as the monster is getting additional health, the HP bar will pop immediately, but I need to research this closer.