[PSX TC/D64 Retribution] Visual effects for console TCs

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
sylandro

[PSX TC/D64 Retribution] Visual effects for console TCs

Post by sylandro »

Visual effects for console TCs

DISCLAIMER: This is not for purists! Some of the effects present in this mod may be of poor taste and are not intended for people who want to play the TCs in the most faithful way.

When PSX DOOM version 135 came out, it broke compatibility with two submods that were made by the community: PSX Brightmaps and PSX Smooth Doom. This started as a personal experiment to restore compatibility with them, and I went overboard and added much more. Most of the features come from other mods made by the community but have been adapted to work with the console TCs, since they do not work out of the box or replace too many things that "de-consolify" the experience.

This requires (GZ)Doom 2.4.0 or above.

If you are an author of one the mods that I've used this as a source and do not like their approve of their resources being used here, this can be taken down.

PSX DOOM TC

This has been tested with version 135. I recommend you load the PC aspect ratio submods that are included with the TC prior to loading this.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/file/je4anx9j4 ... XAMBNT.PK3

FEATURES (read the credits for the sources!):
Spoiler:
SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler:
CHANGELOG:
Spoiler:
CREDITS:
Spoiler:
DOOM 64: Retribution

This has been tested with version 1.2 of the mod. After I was done with the PSX TC, I ported most of the effects to this TC and adapted them to better suit D64's mood (mostly recolors and darkenings). I am not entirely happy with how it ended up, as the effects look much better on the PSX TC, for some reason.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/file/usby9z2ud ... 4AMBNT.PK3

FEATURES (read the credits for the sources!):
Spoiler:
SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler:
CHANGELOG:
Spoiler:
CREDITS:
Spoiler:
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: [PSX TC/D64 Retribution] Visual effects for console TCs

Post by Armaetus »

Isn't E2M2's Cacodemon prison area supposed to use BROVINE on those walls in two of the screenshots?
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Sylandro, you can tell me how to fire it because when I try it, it pops up a bug for me "12 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts"? :?
sylandro

Post by sylandro »

Glaice wrote:Isn't E2M2's Cacodemon prison area supposed to use BROVINE on those walls in two of the screenshots?
PSX Doom has different textures than PC Doom. Some are missing and are replaced by other ones, as is the case with E2M2.
erni945 wrote:Sylandro, you can tell me how to fire it because when I try it, it pops up a bug for me "12 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts"? :?
It's only compatible with GZDoom 2.4.0 and above and version 2.135 of the PSX TC.

You can launch it through the command line, like this:

Code: Select all

gzdoom.exe -file PSXDOOM.PK3 <any submods> PSXAMBNT.PK3
For example, this is how I load it:

gzdoom.exe -file PSXDOOM.PK3 PSXLOST.PK3 PSXNRFTL.PK3 PSXTCMUS.PK3 PCHUDAR2.PK3 PSXAMBNT.PK3 -config psx.ini
I believe you can also load it through the utility that comes with the TC, but I prefer to do it through the command line.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

erni945 wrote:Sylandro, you can tell me how to fire it because when I try it, it pops up a bug for me "12 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts"? :?
It's only compatible with GZDoom 2.4.0 and above and version 2.135 of the PSX TC.

You can launch it through the command line, like this:

gzdoom.exe -file PSXDOOM.PK3 <any submods> PSXAMBNT.PK3
For example, this is how I load it:

gzdoom.exe -file PSXDOOM.PK3 PSXLOST.PK3 PSXNRFTL.PK3 PSXTCMUS.PK3 PCHUDAR2.PK3 PSXAMBNT.PK3 -config psx.ini
I believe you can also load it through the utility that comes with the TC, but I prefer to do it through the command line.[/quote]

I tried as you showed me but it comes out the same time and I use version 2.4.0
sylandro

Post by sylandro »

That's strange. Could you please post the log with the entries that are causing errors?
erni945

Post by erni945 »

sylandro wrote:That's strange. Could you please post the log with the entries that are causing errors?
Sure
Attachments
log.txt
(3.05 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
sylandro

Post by sylandro »

Oh, you need version 2.135 of the TC. You can download it from here (the first post in that thread is a mess):

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/5 ... nt-1735774

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”