Blood Fixer (updated 10/1/17)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
dmslr

Re: Blood Fixer (updated 10/1/17)

Post by dmslr »

Are you getting these warnings as well?
Attachments
q.png
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

I just checked and yes.

Oops. Turns out this doesn't work like I thought it does.
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Ok try this version. Also updated in original post.

Yes I am absolutely comitted to making all the rookie errors on this one xD
Attachments
BloodFixer-Eviternity.wad
(3.01 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
dmslr

Post by dmslr »

Everything works fine! Archangel's golden blood was a nice surprise :)
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

dmslr wrote:Everything works fine! Archangel's golden blood was a nice surprise :)
For some reason, the Archangel already has the golden blood specified even in vanilla Eviternity (in fact if you open the Bloodfixer in slade you'll see that I didn't touch it at all). I'm not sure why they did decide to touch that but not all the other custom monsters.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

A must-have addon!

However, I noticed that the Eviternity addon is giving the Nightmare Demon the wrong blood colour: it is now green, yet in the title splash screen, it is clearly supposed to be red.
Adamast0r
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Adamast0r »

I had an idea for the Spectre's blood, but I haven't been able to do it, as I'm not very savvy in modding.
Would it be possible to change it's style to translucent and add a visibility pulse, as in the Blursphere, to represent it as the same blood type as the Pinky, but with invisibility properties that start to fade away?
Devalaous
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Devalaous »

I made my own wad like this many years ago as my first modding work, but back then, spectre blood couldnt yet be rendered with fuzz. Nice to see it working after all this time.

Another wad that might warrant its own custom bloodfixer, is Hell to Pay; it has three monsters that warrant blood fixes, and quite a few that warrant blood removal. Another wad I have already does this, but still, for completion it might be a good one, given its status.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Devalaous wrote:Another wad that might warrant its own custom bloodfixer, is Hell to Pay; it has three monsters that warrant blood fixes, and quite a few that warrant blood removal. Another wad I have already does this, but still, for completion it might be a good one, given its status.
BlueFireZ88 already got you covered there.
Devalaous
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Devalaous »

Thats why I said 'Another wad I have already does this' :p I helped the dude out with some minor QA on it when it was brand new. Just saying its might be worth doing the same thing for this 'brand', as the upgrade patch changes a lot of things, some might want to keep the original text screen stuff for example.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I have just realized that the Blood Fixer version for Doom 64 in Doom II has the wrong blood colour for the Cacodemon (red instead of blue).

Luckily, this seems to be a simple change to make in SLADE, but I wanted to point this out here nonetheless.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

It was only meant to fix the monsters new to the wad, and be loaded after the original blood fixer.
Plasmazippo
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Plasmazippo »

SiFi270 wrote:So hey, I've just found out that the method I suggested above makes the stealth alien more WolfSS-like than it's supposed to be. But thanks to 3saster's recent DeHackEd to Decorate converter, I've figured out how to make it more accurate:

Code: Select all

ACTOR FixedDeadLostSoul : WolfensteinSS REPLACES DeadLostSoul
{
	Health 30
	Speed 14
	ActiveSound "brain/cube"
	Dropitem None
	BloodColor "64 48 7F"
	States
	{
	XDeath:
		Goto Death
	}
}
edit: Realized there was a more efficient way to make him not gib.

[snip]
Unfortunately this has a side-effect if you load up Nash's gore mod alongside this: upon death, the troopers will always burst into gibs no matter by how little you overkill them. I tried adding a GibDeath value to both the DeadLostSoul and the WolfensteinSS actors, but it didn't work.

EDIT: Found a fix: copypaste the SS's trooper's Death state code into the XDeath field, like this:

Code: Select all

{
	XDeath:
	SSWV I 5
	SSWV J 5 A_Scream
	SSWV K 5 A_NoBlocking
	SSWV L 5
	SSWV M -1
	Stop
}
Now the alien troops bleed purple but only spawn gibs when properly overkilled.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”