[Sound patch] Metadoom Sound Skin

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [Sound patch] Metadoom Sound Skin

Post by Captain J »

Ahh, i really unheard of it until now. But still, i prefer the zombie sounds of official releases have. They still have more threatening soundings IMO.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

A Little bit of update. I seriously got tired of SSG reloading sounds to be super loud and such. So i lowered them a bit and made firing sound loud instead. Because... It's Ballistic!

Also replaced Revenant's Firing sound effect. Sounded pretty much the same as Rocket Launcher's.
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

I think you made the right move with the SSG sounds, sounds great. My go-to mod for custom sounds was d3snds.wad but I think this might be my new one, great job Captain J:)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Thank you so much for your comment. And don't thank me! Thank Kinsie for some weapon sound effects!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Had some volume adjustments with this weird thing(like pistol, item and weapon pickup sounds). I just have no idea why i enjoy stuff with loud noises. :P
Panzermann11
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Panzermann11 »

Captain J wrote:Oh, oooooh. That's what i thought, actually. Sorry about the misunderstanding. Anyway those sound effects are for Literally ice death sequences(being frozen and breaks). They were originally from hexen, but somehow used from gzdoom.pk3 as well. So i decided to remake it along with other sound effects from gzdoom.pk3.
There's also the railgun sound effect from Quake 2 used in certain mods too. By any chance are you gonna remake it aswell?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

IMO Railgun sound effect in every series are high quality enough, though! I only remake old and muttered sound effects.

But if someone wants to remake the sound, please be my guest.
Panzermann11
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Panzermann11 »

The railgun sound which was ripped from Quake 2 just doesn't sound right with the other sounds in this mod. The sounds in this mod are designed to be a high-quality mishmash of counterpart sounds from other games.

Fortunately though, I'm no stranger to sound editing so I can suggest on what to do. I believe you should take Quake 4's railgun SFX and mix Quake 2/3's railgun sound with it. Sounds good?

One more thing: some WADs also use the electrical sparking sound effect along with the rumbling/quake sound effect you had already remade though so I don't suppose you can also remake them?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oh, for some reason, i forgot to put the new spark sound. Maybe i should update this patch later.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Aaaaaand breaking news! I've just finished remaking gzdoom's spark and railgun fire sound effects. Please check out the First Post and Redownload.

Also i updated the resource pack of it as well, if anyone's interested.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”