Peter's Sexy HUD

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DTDsphere

Peter's Sexy HUD

Post by DTDsphere »

PETER'S SEXY HUD
DOWNLOAD HERE

This is an upgrade to this HUD.
Supports G/ZDoom and Zandronum 3.0.

What's special about this HUD is that it works with any PWAD. It just has to be loaded after any PWADs you load with it.
You can easily change the transparency of the overlays yourself in the SBARINFO with the Find & Replace command. Find 'Alpha 0.50' replace with 'Alpha [new value]'

Peter's Sexy HUD with Ancient Aliens.

Peter's Sexy HUD with UDM3.

Credit to Hexereticdoom for the "Kills, Items, Secrets" code and graphic.
Last edited by DTDsphere on Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Peter's Sexy HUD

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

The word "sexy" couldn't be used better. Excellent work, man! Downloading.
DTDsphere

Post by DTDsphere »

Updated with Kills, Items & Secrets showing.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I tested this now and it's a neat solution actually. There is only one inconsistency: When switching to the automap, the aspect ratio/scaling of the statusbar changes. Any idea how to fix this?

(Also, maybe it's a good idea not to show the level stats in the upper left since it may collide with the pickup messages. Suggestion: Relocate the text to the lower left, just on top of the statusbar.)
Lan Grillo

Post by Lan Grillo »

This is absolutely beautiful, the only problem im having is that when im using it with smooth doom the keys don't show up, i grab a key card and it does not count in the hud, otherwise it seems to be perfect, please fix this one thing, thank you very much, great work.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

See if this one works for you.

It's the same file with an updated sbarinfo, fixing the keys and a typo in the mugshot definition ("INDEXFON" instead of "INDEXFONT").
Attachments
Peters_Sexy_HUD.pk3
(2.63 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
zrakbz

Post by zrakbz »

Uh... cute, I guess?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

If there is any interest, I have created HUDs of the same style for Heretic and Hexen. Those look really neat ingame as well.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Are they still Heretic/Hexen sized or are they Doom sized like Corvus and Parias' huds in Samsara?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Just like this Doom statusbar, the Heretic/Hexen versions would maintain the size of the original (a bit less though due to some reason I don't understand). You could resize them with user interface scale, but it looks best with value 0. They also apply the widescreen fixes for the missing graphics of the demon heads/gargoyle wings (by hellser/Doorhenge).
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Double post alert (please don't kill me - adding stuff this time)!

The Doom statusbar had some changes, e.g. additional/edited alpha values, relocation/abbreviation of the level stats, removal of time index and additional "0" digits in the level stats to fill the gaps.
Heretic and Hexen statusbars are new and contain widescreen graphics by hellser and Doorhenge. The nice thing is that this will work with both fullscreen and normal statusbars.

Works fine with any fullscreen statusbar scaling option GZDoom has to offer.

Previews:
Fullscreen statusbar for Doom
Fullscreen statusbar for Heretic
Fullscreen statusbar for Hexen

Known issue:
- In Heretic, the chain is shining through the demon heads a bit, there's little I could do about that without making it look even worse. In Hexen, the chain was easier to hide.

Changelogs
Oct 11, 2017
- Level stats no longer use abbreviations and have the gapfiller zeroes removed

May 10, 2017
- Doom/FreeDoom: Black background fix for automap statusbar now supports up to 1920px screen width when scaled to 1 (I doubt anybody would use this scale, but better be safe than sorry)
- Hexen: More statusbar alignment adjustments (should be final now)

May 9, 2017
- Additional support for Chex, FreeDoom, HacX and Harmony
- Doom/FreeDoom: Black background for automap statusbar (standard borderflat invisible)
- Hexen: More statusbar alignment adjustments

May 8, 2017
- Single file solution for Doom, Heretic and Hexen - one file works for all three games (uses lump filtering, should work with latest GZDoom 3.0 or higher)
- Alignment fix for level stats (now stays aligned to the upper right side of the screen instead of moving towards the center when reducing size, regardless which fullscreen statusbar scaling factor you choose)
- Hexen: Statusbar alignment adjustments
Attachments
fullscrn_huds.pk3
Transparent fullscreen statusbars for Doom, Heretic and Hexen
(92.51 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
Last edited by NightFright on Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
DTDsphere

Post by DTDsphere »

NightFright wrote:stuff
Wow, very impressive stuff NightFright! Sorry for the bump but I've been inactive here for a while and only just checked this out.

The fact it works with everything beautifully is definitely the main seller of this HUD. Good job! I'll definitely be using this religiously.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Great that you liked my hud varations! I have made one more iteration which modifies the stats display once more - not using any abbreviations and removing the zeroes as placeholders again for better legibility. If any of you is interested in that, I'll upload it here.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

If it's at all possible and not too much hassle, I'd really appreciate a version that's affected by the current GZDoom's scaling options.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Ah, interesting. Haven't tried yet how the hud behaves with GZD v3.2 scaling. Did anybody check whether they added new sbarinfo code for that?

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”