GIS - Make Doom Looks Better

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
.LuD.

Re: GIS - Make Doom Looks Better

Post by .LuD. »

I take this opportunity to report that I've diversified the PC gallery from the Android one.
Dklark

Post by Dklark »

These presets look awesome man. Are these available to download? Is there a link to them or am I missing something.
Last edited by Dklark on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaal979

Post by Kaal979 »

Can you release a monsters + players only version?
Would be great since it had some sort of demonic live-add effect .. .
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Kaal979 wrote:Can you release a monsters + players only version?
Would be great since it had some sort of demonic live-add effect .. .
This is a collection of presets for a screen-shader program. It does not change anything within GZDoom itself.
Dklark

Post by Dklark »

.LuD. wrote:
Clownman wrote:Hope this isn't a SERIOUS bump or anything but, How do I download this? I'm not seeing any sort of links anywhere.
Sorry for the delay. Since I've not seen around the project the enthusiasm I hoped, I became lazy in controlling the message board.
However, I have not yet insert the download link. As I said in my first post, I want to first make sure SergeantMark give his availability for the release of a mod that contains the BrutalDoom lighting system, on which my presets are based.
What do you mean with "serious bump"?
What lighting system are you talking about? Are you talking about the brightmaps? Or certain effects like the torches and/or the Lost Souls that are included in it. Luminescent entity brightmaps aren't exclusive to Brutal Doom if that is indeed what you are referring to.
.LuD.

Post by .LuD. »

Let me clarify a few things.

- 1) The Lighting System. Brutal Doom has its own lighting system, which in my opinion is the best feature of mod. The GIS presets have been made on the base of this lighting system, and utilize the Ultimate Doom Visor's mist system too. This does not mean that they cannot be used without BD or UDV, but they certainly are better with them. To make you understand the difference, I attach an archive containing the screenshots of the different versions.

http://www.iperideia.altervista.org/GIS_differences.zip

As you can see, the "GIS+Brutal Doom" graphics is better than GIS + Vanilla's one, and the GIS+BD+UDV graphics is better than GIS + BD (imho).

- 2) Ok, all's right, but where is the link to download the presets? As I said before, I did not put it. Before uploading the presets, I contacted Sergeant Mark asking him if he could release a mod containing only the BD lighting system and the UDV fog and color management mode. Such a mod would be the basis for installing GIS presets. Mark told me that it is possible, but since then we did not have any other contacts.

- 3) So the project has fallen? Will we never use GIS in our games? Not really. In these days I'm working on a wad installation interface that includes all the GISs that i've made so far. Regardless of whether or not the lighting mod will be released, I will upload the whole project by the end of the year. I really hope that someone will sooner or later realize a mod capable of introducing a lighting\mist mod similar to what you get with BD and UDV installed. BD is a mod used on a relatively low number of machine, but i'm sure that a mod with its lighting system would be installed on the majority of the systems, as its effects would be only ameliorative.
Dklark

Post by Dklark »

.LuD. wrote:Let me clarify a few things.

- 1) The Lighting System. Brutal Doom has its own lighting system, which in my opinion is the best feature of mod. The GIS presets have been made on the base of this lighting system, and utilize the Ultimate Doom Visor's mist system too. This does not mean that they cannot be used without BD or UDV, but they certainly are better with them. To make you understand the difference, I attach an archive containing the screenshots of the different versions.

http://www.iperideia.altervista.org/GIS_differences.zip

As you can see, the "GIS+Brutal Doom" graphics is better than GIS + Vanilla's one, and the GIS+BD+UDV graphics is better than GIS + BD (imho).

- 2) Ok, all's right, but where is the link to download the presets? As I said before, I did not put it. Before uploading the presets, I contacted Sergeant Mark asking him if he could release a mod containing only the BD lighting system and the UDV fog and color management mode. Such a mod would be the basis for installing GIS presets. Mark told me that it is possible, but since then we did not have any other contacts.

- 3) So the project has fallen? Will we never use GIS in our games? Not really. In these days I'm working on a wad installation interface that includes all the GISs that i've made so far. Regardless of whether or not the lighting mod will be released, I will upload the whole project by the end of the year. I really hope that someone will sooner or later realize a mod capable of introducing a lighting\mist mod similar to what you get with BD and UDV installed. BD is a mod used on a relatively low number of machine, but i'm sure that a mod with its lighting system would be installed on the majority of the systems, as its effects would be only ameliorative.
Thanks for the quick rundown man. I appreciate it. Your presets are really intriguing. Keep up the great work .LuD.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”