D.U.C.K - Full Release!

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: D.U.C.K - Full Release!

Post by Tapwave »

And the monster package is now out, along with a consolidated release which includes a slightly modified palette. Have fun, and please report any errors!
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Armor bonuses now have too good of a camouflage - they no longer stand out like their id counterparts did. Can barely see them. >_< lol

But otherwise, from what I can tell so far, everything looks good. :)
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20161028_092234x.png
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Their antenna diode glows, but I could make the visor green again. It'd just need a translation string.

Oh, and, of course, Brightmaps.pk3 should not be used as sprites are different from vanilla, and the brightmaps will make no sense.
/Edit Updated item package and full package to use green visors on armor bonuses now. You just gotta update your file.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by NeuralStunner »

I like the palette shift. It does some interesting things to the feel of the old textures alongside the new graphics.

(I wonder how the music would sound in OPL if you borrowed the GENMIDI from one of the other games?)
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

NeuralStunner wrote:I like the palette shift. It does some interesting things to the feel of the old textures alongside the new graphics.
I'm honestly a bit worried about the brick reds, they felt a bit.. not perfect to me, I dunno.
NeuralStunner wrote:(I wonder how the music would sound in OPL if you borrowed the GENMIDI from one of the other games?)
I'm very uneducated on the subject, so sadly I can't tell you much about this. :p
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

I've updated the pack with less grey enemies (HK is now brown, Imp is bright tan, Mancubus is closer to its original color and less grimdark, Caco is properly blue and looks less like a lazy recolor) and better shell sprites. The "fireball" sound was also changed because I felt it was lame.

Too lazy to update the individual packs so have the big 'un solo. Video was taken down because Undead cleaned up his youtube channel.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

You might want to re-download, my dumb ass forgot to account for the custom palette when translating the hellknight, making him look hideous. It's fixed now.
Voltcom9

Post by Voltcom9 »

I love this mod! It's an interesting change to the game without really changing any of the game mechanics! Well done, it's actually part of my autoload currently :P
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Tapwave wrote:Video was taken down because Undead cleaned up his youtube channel.
I switched channels. Maybe I (or we) can redo it.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Voltcom9 wrote:I love this mod! It's an interesting change to the game without really changing any of the game mechanics! Well done, it's actually part of my autoload currently :P
Thanks! Do point out any mistakes I've made or things that can be improved, though, it'd be very appreciated.

@Undead Sure thing! :p
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Spoiler: Doom Ultracompact Cosmetic Kit Video
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Pretty good video, but I'd like to state that D.U.C.K does not include high def textures, glowing flats, or increased gore. :p
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Tapwave wrote:Pretty good video, but I'd like to state that D.U.C.K does not include high def textures, glowing flats, or increased gore. :p
Of course, D.U.C.K is used as the main mod. All the other as a supplement.
Spoiler: The list of mods.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Doomenator wrote:Of course, D.U.C.K is used as the main mod. All the other as a supplement.
If you want to showcase a mod, you do it without combining it with seventeen hundred other mods.
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Blue Shadow wrote:If you want to showcase a mod, you do it without combining it with seventeen hundred other mods.
This mod looks much more interesting on my video. And probably will interest more people. In any case, I'm not planning to recording a separate video.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”