D.U.C.K - Full Release!

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Boomstick

Re: D.U.C.K - A lightweight vanilla cosmetic mod

Post by Boomstick »

I think the chainsaw is better off with no holster sounds, that's just me though.

not that it's a big deal since it's so easy for me to just remove the audio though
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Looks pretty neat, but I didn't make all those sprites. You should probably re-read the credits of Legendoom!
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Looks pretty neat, but I didn't make all those sprites. You should probably re-read the credits of Legendoom!
Indeed, that's fixed now!
boomstick wrote:I think the chainsaw is better off with no holster sounds, that's just me though.
I thought so too at first, but it turns out that it sounds pretty unnatural with them when you switch out.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Cryomundus wrote: Use offsets to make a recoil, just move the sprite back and knock the view up a lil bit.
Except I can't do that, because, again, the BFG has a single frame of animation in the original code. This mod does not redefine animations or weapons. All it does is replace the graphics and the sounds. Everything else behaves strictly like vanilla, and thus recoil is in short supply, even with me using offsets for the pistol and shotguns. Original doom has no recoil for the shotguns, and inverse recoil for the pistol (it goes up rather than down).

By the way, I updated the file with a tiny GLDEFS that makes the BFG ball have blue lights, rather than green lights when using dynamic lights. Undead003 also provided me with a higher quality video.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I actually like this mod. It's pretty cool. :)
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Eruanna wrote:I actually like this mod. It's pretty cool. :)
Thanks!
Undead suggested that I replace all gloves with black ones, would that be a good choice?
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Replace the arms with bones, too, so it gets a little... undead.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Tapwave wrote:Thanks!
Undead suggested that I replace all gloves with black ones, would that be a good choice?
Would probably look pretty good and I can't imagine it'd take too much effort, there aren't many frames where gloves are even shown to start with.

Good choice? - well, only way to know is to try it and see, I think.
Boomstick

Post by Boomstick »

black gloves would be pretty neat, I'd like it for sure
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Black gloves are in. Also, filesize reduced by a couple KB, and the pistol flash is less bad. Oh, and the BFG has a BIT of recoil.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

New D.U.C.K package! This one replaces all items that can be picked up, and replaces the item pickup, weapon pickup, and powerup pickup sound, as well as lights to go with the sprites, and a LANGUAGE lump that rewords all pickup messages.
The weapons package also got a LANGUAGE update.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks a lot for adding my leather jacket sprite! But, if you want to add a cool radiation suit, here's some fresh ones i made and i plan to use it in a near future. made from mars 3d, doom's rad suit and duke 64.

feel free to use them.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Added! The items package now has that sprite, the weapons package now has a BFG blast sound replacement, and the Interface package is now released!

The interface package changes the HUD, several language strings, the mugshot, pain and death sounds, falling and "pushing a wall" sounds.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

DUCK Weaponpack got updated with a new pistol sound, and the HUD back now has better numbering which I sourced from Batman Doom by the ACE team. Plus, a new, more up-too-date video is available to see, courtesy of Undead003!
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Weapons package got updated with new rocket launcher sprites that fit a bit better. The monster kit is practically finished, but I need clearance from Yholl due to material in there used in DoomRL. It will be released along with a "complete pack" which will contain all 4 DUCK kits at once for easier loading.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”