[GZDoom] Wobbly shader

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Shadow Hog

Re: [GZDoom] Wobbly shader

Post by Shadow Hog »

RaveYard wrote:Even if you could do vertex shaders, wouldn't you require more vertexes in order to add proper curve to rooms?
Technically, yes, but given the entirety of the level would be wobbling wildly, it's entirely possible you wouldn't notice this oversight.
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

RaveYard wrote:Sadly the depth information isn't there.
My long term plans are to allow specifying custom screen-space shaders via GLDEFS and allow you to specify additional texture sources such as flats or certain gbuffers like depth or face normals. Getting access to the timer uniform is part of this plan too, of course. :D

It's a bit delayed at the moment because I need to make sure the basic system running all this is running reliable on all the hardware gzdoom supports. Really hoping I can get that sorted soon so I can back to more fun stuff!
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

RaveYard wrote:Even if you could do vertex shaders, wouldn't you require more vertexes in order to add proper curve to rooms?
You can do vertex shaders if you make a file called shaders/glsl/main.vp and put it in your pk3. Base it on shaders/glsl/main.vp from current gzdoom.pk3.
Cocainecity

Post by Cocainecity »

I can't get this to work at all
Any ideas what could be wrong?
Nash

Post by Nash »

This mod was made at a time when it was possible for mods to overwrite core scripts and shaders that exist inside gzdoom.pk3. This "leak" has since been fixed so mods such as this one do not work anymore.

A longer explanation I wrote in another thread for the PSX retro jiggle shader:
Nash wrote:I have seen a lot of posts scattered all over the forum about this mod not working, and it seems no one actually stated the obvious (or made it official) so I guess this is the best place to post this:

GZDoom was fixed to not allow mods to overwrite core (gzdoom.pk3) lumps. This mod was made back when it was possible to exploit this "leak" but it has since been plugged... which is why this mod no longer works.

There are 2 things that could happen for this mod to be functional again (both were stated by dpJudas way back in the last page):

1) Someone integrates this shader properly into the engine and sends a PR for it (has a good chance of happening, if someone steps up).
2) GLDEFS is extended to allow user post process shaders. This has been in discussion for +/- probably a year now, across both forums (here and DRD), so we can probably not expect this to happen anytime soon...
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

In the mean time, you'll have to use an older version of GZDoom (I can't even remember which one it last worked on).
hoover1979
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by hoover1979 »

This mod is a clear reminder of why playing Doom, while strongly under the influence of LSD, is not a good idea! :D :mrgreen:

Maybe rename to mod from "Wobbly Shader" to"Acid Doom", hell add some psychedelic colors into the mix and you have a party!
Cocainecity

Post by Cocainecity »

Beed28 wrote:In the mean time, you'll have to use an older version of GZDoom (I can't even remember which one it last worked on).
This worked, thanks!
Pixel Eater

Location: In between the Moon and you, between the buried and me.

Post by Pixel Eater »

I never got to try this (or the Retro Shader) before they lost support but the videos looked cool! I tried to fix it but the lens distortion zooms in on one pixel at a time, though the rest mostly works:
Wobbly.pk3
(6.89 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
hoover1979
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by hoover1979 »

Drunken Doom, minus the Cirrhosis of the Liver, and loss of Brain Cells. :D

That's a winner for me! :mrgreen:
Pixel Eater

Location: In between the Moon and you, between the buried and me.

Post by Pixel Eater »

Just pick up your brain cells when you're done... or the zombies will smell them :twisted:

Ahhh, I misread that as "Drunken Doom - Cirrhosis of the Liver + loss of Brain Cells = :mrgreen: "

I need sleep, everything's turning into code :shock:

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”