Another hi-res sprite thread

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
xSuperflyTNTx

Another hi-res sprite thread

Post by xSuperflyTNTx »

Hi there! I've been working on some hi-resolution sprites for a while. I just wanted some feedback. I have been using some images from the internet that others have done and basically just photoshopping existing images to make what I have as I am not an artist. The images are not scaled correctly and are still work in progress.

By the way sorry about some of these images not appearing behind spoilers the tags seem to be fine but they aren't working.

Barrel:
Spoiler:
Berserk Pack:
Spoiler:
Bloody Chalice:
Spoiler:
Candelabra:
Spoiler:
Cell Pack:
Spoiler:
Clip:
Spoiler:
Cell:
Spoiler:
Medikit:
Spoiler:
Radiation Suit:
Spoiler:
Box of Shells:
Spoiler:
Stalagmite:
Spoiler:
Supply Box:
Spoiler:
Tech Armor:
Spoiler:
Green Armor:
Spoiler:
Partial Invisibility Sphere: (taken from someone off the Internet and edited)
Spoiler:
Blue Armor:
Spoiler:
Health Bonus:
Spoiler:
Armor Bonus:
Spoiler:
Heavy Armor:
Spoiler:
Megasphere:
Spoiler:
Computer Map:
Spoiler:
Soulsphere:
Spoiler:
EDIT: I've tried to change the size of the images on Imgur but the files get cropped and the image is thus also cropped out of frame. I would like to delete this thread until i can get this sorted.
Last edited by xSuperflyTNTx on Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Another hi-res sprite thread

Post by wildweasel »

Welcome to the forums! You might notice that you're only allowed up to 5 spoilers per thread (because certain people badly abused them back in the day). It may be worthwhile to reduce the size of these to clickable Large Thumbnails (see the Rules thread).
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

Heh, well at least he tried. Still, pretty neat!
xSuperflyTNTx

Post by xSuperflyTNTx »

Thank you! I will have a look at lowering the size of these images.
Almonds

Post by Almonds »

'12 GUAGE rounds'
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

xSuperflyTNTx wrote:Hi there! I've been working on some hi-resolution sprites for a while. I just wanted some feedback.
Best feedback I can give: please finish it. I've seen HD/high res projects over and over again and there's not a single one that's been finished. Rather frustrating to say the least.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Yeah some editing will be needed on that shotgun shells box,like that misspelling and probably also need to get rid of the word 'demon' since the demon invasion was a recent and secluded event when the space marines rescue team were sent to Mars,so i dont think a ammunition manufacturer would have that much time to even add that quote on the box.
Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

This is one of the best Hi-Res Doom Sprites i've seen ever. They remind me of the New Doom Game and Half-Life for some reason.
LastManonEarth

Post by LastManonEarth »

Very nice. I prefer ones over another , you might just consider adding a nuke symbol to the barrel (or a UAC symbol)
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

So... How do they look in-game?
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

An great idea is keep the pixelated shapes of the items and decorations but bring to them HD textures don't you?
AdmiralAjax

Post by AdmiralAjax »

These all have a 'edited stock photo' look to all of them. The armor sprites looks bad in particular, it looks like you took whatever armor image you had, colored it and chopped it in half without any thought into it. And as said before, it's spelled 'Gauge'. The tree looks like it was made from the original sprite at the least.

Also, shouldn't this be in resources?

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”