New UltraDoomVisor Graphics

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Valken

Re: New UltraDoomVisor Graphics

Post by Valken »

Looks great. I had to extract the HD files into a new PK3 so it loads "on top" of UDV so it works with Project Brutality's edited version for example.

I suggest you do this so it works with all the other versions out there unless you have specific script requirements.

I like the Doom 4 type visor. Looking forward to it.
wpninja

Post by wpninja »

Will there be a version fully compatible with project brutality showing the weapon and equipment list soon by chance?
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

Going to give this a shot right now :D

In the meanwhile for those having trouble getting the UDV to work with Brutal V20B:

Quick-fix to get this working with V20B by disabling the radar -

Open UDV_v1.61_B_ADD_IN_Mod_BDv20.pk3 (WinRAR opens pk3 files)
Go into folder "actors"
Open "UDVRadar.txt"
Do -not- delete that file, simply rewrite the whole file just as just "//." Make sure to save/replace it.
Lightsource

Post by Lightsource »

wpninja wrote:Will there be a version fully compatible with project brutality showing the weapon and equipment list soon by chance?
This mod is just a graphical upgrade of Saegiru Ultra Doom Visor mod, I tried to communicate with him, to see if he is interested in including my modification on the official mod, but he hasn't replayed yet. So we'll have to wait to see what he says.

Here's an update on the graphics of the new visor that I'm trying to make. I took into consideration what Woolie Wool said, so I changed the ideas of how the fonts could work.

1080 version
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Not a fan of the hud, but I REALLY love that font.
Nihtram

Post by Nihtram »

I really like the style of this HUD.
Has something from Doom 4!
wpninja

Post by wpninja »

Lightsource wrote:
wpninja wrote:Will there be a version fully compatible with project brutality showing the weapon and equipment list soon by chance?
This mod is just a graphical upgrade of Saegiru Ultra Doom Visor mod, I tried to communicate with him, to see if he is interested in including my modification on the official mod, but he hasn't replayed yet. So we'll have to wait to see what he says.

Here's an update on the graphics of the new visor that I'm trying to make. I took into consideration what Woolie Wool said, so I changed the ideas of how the fonts could work.

1080 version
Honestly I wouldn't bother waiting on Saegiru, he hasn't been online anywhere since July of 2015 :p. Other modders have *PainKiller of Project Brutality esp since they worked closely.* have already added their own features such as weapon and equipment list patches to his old Doom Visor. I don't think adding more to this mod would be any worse than giving it an HD make over like you already did. The main important thing about making any changes is that Saegiru gets the credit he deserves.

The top 2 mods that could really use stuff for this Hud is Project Brutality and Complex Doom esp.
Lightsource

Post by Lightsource »

Here's an update on the visor. I've finished the damage versions of the visor, I did 6 stages of damage and one last for when you die.
The holograph colors change when the armor is low, and also played with the idea of including the enemy health bar on the top.

I'll post more updates when the project moves forward regarding the inclusion of the graphics in a mod.

Still I'm always open to suggestions or criticism.
wpninja

Post by wpninja »

Looks really good. Painkiller from project brutality ended up getting a hold of Saegiru and it seems he is fine with everything happening with it since Painkiller is adding stuff to it with his mod.
Lightsource

Post by Lightsource »

wpninja wrote:Looks really good. Painkiller from project brutality ended up getting a hold of Saegiru and it seems he is fine with everything happening with it since Painkiller is adding stuff to it with his mod.
Yeah I've also talked to Saegiru, and he liked the idea to add it to Brutal Doom as an extra visor option, so I guess it's going to be in both.
Nihtram

Post by Nihtram »

Will this still have the option so when your health goes low it says "Health low"?
Lightsource

Post by Lightsource »

Nihtram wrote:Will this still have the option so when your health goes low it says "Health low"?
If it ends up included in Brutal and Project Brutality, yes. I assume you can choose this visor or the old one, and the voice it's going to be on both.

I was also thinking of doing a male version of the voice, I can make a good one, I'll send it to Saegiru and Painkiller to see what they think.
Lightsource

Post by Lightsource »

Hi everyone, I wanted to leave a preview of another Hud that I'm working on. It's rather simple, and it should work with the original UltraDoomVisor graphical arrangements, it just has a two objects that need to be moved.
My idea was to make something modern and cool but also functional and somewhat realistic. Also I wanted to maintain the basic shape of the helmet of the character in Doom, based on sprites and promo pics that I've seen.
Here's the sample in 1080p
I'll post updates on this and the Doom4 visor, when I have them.
Criticism is welcome.
wpninja

Post by wpninja »

So you are going to have 2 different graphic set ups for this? Looking pretty good, how are those count indicators working for you so far?
Lightsource

Post by Lightsource »

wpninja wrote:So you are going to have 2 different graphic set ups for this? Looking pretty good, how are those count indicators working for you so far?
Saegiru is still working on the previous Doom 4 visor ( the graphics for that are finished ). So I guess he can release a final update with all the variants in one package, so you can choose what you like.

As for the count indicators, you refer to the "shells, rockets, etc" counters? they are going to be placed on the right side of the screen, at the same height as the doomguy face, or maybe on top of the weapons display on the right. The rest has the same disposition as the first visor mod.
If you refer to other displays on the sample image, I pasted them together to make the sample, that's why they don't match what you see on the screen.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”