New UltraDoomVisor Graphics

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Max Dickings

Re: New UltraDoomVisor Graphics

Post by Max Dickings »

Lightsource wrote:Hi everyone, I wanted to leave a preview of another Hud that I'm working on. It's rather simple, and it should work with the original UltraDoomVisor graphical arrangements, it just has a two objects that need to be moved.
My idea was to make something modern and cool but also functional and somewhat realistic. Also I wanted to maintain the basic shape of the helmet of the character in Doom, based on sprites and promo pics that I've seen.
http://i.imgbox.com/WeXIQIzG.jpg
Here's the sample in 1080p
http://t.imgbox.com/ejXn9OeH.jpg
I'll post updates on this and the Doom4 visor, when I have them.
Criticism is welcome.

Think I might like this one more than the other one! The UAC logo and model number(?)F-90 things are really neat touches. Also dig the effort of keeping it in the same shape of the original doom helmet.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Hey lightsource what happened to the hud model with the projected hologram Taggart (Doomguy) i really like that one.

I would like to get my hands on that Visor Hud.
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

Know what would be cooler for Doomguy face? Doing it like Metroid Prime handled Samus' face: A reflection in the visor. Nothing against the current one, tho.
Lightsource

Post by Lightsource »

Sorry for the lack of replies everyone, I had a busy week. Saegiru is still working on the Huds, he also liked the last one that I did, so he is also including that one, and it's taking time.

I've seen some working updates and it's looking pretty cool. When it's done, I'll post a link, if Saegiru doesn't post an update on his own thread first.
Espilonarge

Post by Espilonarge »

I'm just wondering... why is the mod 70+ megs? Surely a HUD shouldn't be that huge. :shock:
ShadDilluca

Post by ShadDilluca »

Lightsource wrote:I've also been working on a new Hud based on the released gameplay of the new Doom 4. The problem is that I'm not really good at coding or modding, I'm just a graphic designer and Illustrator, so I would need a little help with this.

Here's a preview of the mod, this is not working, it's a composition in photoshop to see how could this work.

Thumbnail is in 1008

If someone is interested in helping out, I welcome it.
Hey dude that looks epic!! If you need help with things like audio let me know!
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

The hud is very awesome good work.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”