WW-DRLA-Sounds [on github]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

WW-DRLA-Sounds [on github]

Post by wildweasel »

(Logo by Slax. Thanks, dude.)

https://github.com/wildweasel486/ww-drla-sounds

This is my personal sound pack for Yholl's DoomRL Arsenal, but it also contains some supports for all kinds of other mods that can be loaded along with that:
  • Kyle873's DoomRPG (and any forks of it)
  • CutmanMike's Corruption Cards
  • Yholl's LegenDoom and LegenDoom lite
  • Kinsie's FknRIP mini-modlet
  • Old support for FragTrak that might have carried over to its successor War Trophies but I haven't tested that at all[/url]

Instructions!
    1. Download the ZIP from Github (link's up there), or use your Git client of choice to clone it.
    2. Run _zip.bat to create the archive in either pk3 or pk7 format.
    3. If running through ZDL, just make sure ww-drla-sounds is loaded LAST in the list or else not all the replaced sounds will take effect.
    4. If running through the DoomRPG Launcher, you will need to add ww-drla-sounds through the "additional command line options" box, because DoomRPG Launcher will not load the files in the correct order.
Here is the credits list which will be updated as I add new sounds, assuming I remember to do that.

No screenshots because they're fucking sounds. This is a mod I update whenever I feel like it, so please don't ask me when it will be updated. Not all sounds are changed; only the ones I decide need to be changed. It's not complete and probably never will be. I just feel like a lot of these are a bit more appropriate than the defaults. (Also a crapton of Secret, Levelup, and Mission Complete sounds.)
Ranik

Re: WW-DRLA-Sounds [on github]

Post by Ranik »

Neat. Downloaded and plugging in with DRPG launcher. I love soundpacks.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Because why not.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Neat, Slax, I think I'll just go ahead and make that the official thread logo.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

You have good taste in sounds! :D
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

This is neat. Although there is the problem that if you want to run it with DRPG w/ DRLA, you can't just enable it through the external mods screen, as the DRPG launcher loads the critical DRPG items last. Which causes this mod to get overwritten. I guess that's more of a problem for the DRPG devs tho actually.

And yes, I know you can just -file it in, but still. Defeats the purpose.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

the voice-grunts seem a bit delayed when you're "humping" the wall for e.g. the Scout, and the walking sound for the techie boots like Shockwave Boots have a really silent sound when you're walking about. but other than that, this is pretty cool, and certainly gives a bit more oomph to a few of the weapons. :)
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:You have good taste in sounds! :D
Indeed he does! I've learned a lot from the ol' weasel.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:the voice-grunts seem a bit delayed when you're "humping" the wall for e.g. the Scout
That's a thing I might alter; the Marine currently just has a generic beep sound as his NoWay, and I might standardize that across all other classes.
and the walking sound for the techie boots like Shockwave Boots have a really silent sound when you're walking about. but other than that, this is pretty cool, and certainly gives a bit more oomph to a few of the weapons. :)
I don't think I can do much about that; the original techboots sounds were quite loud, so Yholl has lowered their volume in code. I don't remember if it's directly via the Decorate code or via SNDINFO; if it's SNDINFO, then I can louden them up a bit.
Henix_Aurorus
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Henix_Aurorus »

I gotta say, you did a damn good job with this. A lot of Doom's vanilla weapon sounds I actually don't really like (the only one I DO like is the SSG's), because of how funky and un-gun-like they sound. And this soundpack DEFINITELY fixes that, and then some. All the affected weapons are much more satisfying to use, and the various DRPG sounds you replaced are also much better now. Having the variety of 'level up' sounds definitely helps.

Also, I just took a peek in RLA, and could not find a volume definition for the boots in SNDINFO; the volume is most likely handled with DECORATE.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Henix_Aurorus wrote:Also, I just took a peek in RLA, and could not find a volume definition for the boots in SNDINFO; the volume is most likely handled with DECORATE.
Ya gotta look in 1.02 for that, heh.
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Oberron »

I can't test the sounds yet, because these are in FLAC format. Make them to ogg as a serperate file, please? Thank you.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I am using FLAC because it is lossless. Please deal with it.
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Oberron »

oh... that explains it. I couldn't test it via Audacity.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i don't think Audacity can open FLAC files. you could just convert the FLAC sounds to WAV, then move them into Audacity, then when you're done doing whatever with them convert them back to FLAC again. he's probably using the sounds in FLAC format because it's lossless, but also compressed in size so the file-size isn't stupidly huge.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”