WW-DRLA-Sounds [on github]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: WW-DRLA-Sounds [on github]

Post by wildweasel »

So a couple updates that I felt were somehow significant enough to warrant bumping the thread again:

Tired of "Snake Eater"?
If you're an enterprising Technician on his nineteenth Master Assembly, you're probably getting bored of hearing the opening licks of Snake Eater every time you slap together a Megaton Shotgun or Nanomachic Rocket Launcher. So now there are not only 18 unique jingles for Master Assemblies, but I also mixed in the DoomRPG "Mission Complete" jingles so that they aren't neglected for those folks who aren't loading DoomRPG.

The Coming of the Storm (Pistol)
I also replaced the Storm Pistol's sound. Perhaps in the future, the different Storm Pistols will all have their own variants of this sound, but for now, they're all somewhat less grating on the ears.

Credit Where It's Due
I also finally remembered to update the credits. If anything's missing out of them, let me know post-haste so I can fill them in before I forget where I got everything.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Nice. Some jingles from FFT are obviously a great addition to this sound mod as secret fanfares. To mine I added the level up (had to increase it's volume on Audacity) but I can't find the one for the job level up..
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

4thcharacter wrote:Nice. Some jingles from FFT are obviously a great addition to this sound mod as secret fanfares. To mine I added the level up (had to increase it's volume on Audacity) but I can't find the one for the job level up..
I'm trying to remember if those are in the doomrpg/levelup/ sounds; I know the Final Fantasy XII ones are in there.
Samarai1000
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Samarai1000 »

Hey, I'm sorry to ask this question, but how would you use this soundpack with DRPG? I'm using the launcher, and I know I need to put a command into the "custom commands" box involving the .pk3 for this soundpack, but I don't know exactly what to put. I'm new to DRPG, DRLA, and to a point, Doom modding in general. Again, sorry to ask. Thank you in advance if anyone does respond.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Samarai1000 wrote:Hey, I'm sorry to ask this question, but how would you use this soundpack with DRPG? I'm using the launcher, and I know I need to put a command into the "custom commands" box involving the .pk3 for this soundpack, but I don't know exactly what to put. I'm new to DRPG, DRLA, and to a point, Doom modding in general. Again, sorry to ask. Thank you in advance if anyone does respond.
To use this with DoomRPG (and have it work properly), take note of the exact path and filename of ww-drla-sounds.pk3 after you've generated it. Then, in the Custom Commands box, enter this:

Code: Select all

-file "C:\Folder\Doom\Stuff That Has Spaces In The Name\ww-drla-sounds.pk3"
Of course replacing the path in quotes with the actual path to the file.

You could just stick it in the WADs folder like any other mod, but a lot of the stuff WW-DRLA-Sounds replaces will get un-replaced due to the launcher's apparent inability to adjust the load order.
Samarai1000
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Samarai1000 »

Thank you so much, I'll try this ASAP.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

the launcher probably should be updated with the option to load in some DRLA addons i've seen popping up. i remember seeing at least one weapons addon alongside your sound replacement mod.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Plenty of updates to this over the last....month or so. Rather than write out the list of changes since the last time I bumped this thread, I think it'd be more productive to just show you the commit history since then.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

This just received an update to celebrate the launch of LegenDoom 1.6/LegenDoomLite 1.2. It now contains 24 randomly chosen musical stingers (and other sounds) that replace LegenDoom's "gone legendary" sound.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I think it would be a good idea to replace the High Power Plasma Rifle's sound with the Plasma Gun from Quake III.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I might replace all the plasma rifle sounds, but I'll look into options first.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Do you like tiny, inconsequential updates? Or using PyWeaponWheel? This pack now contains two new menu sounds, so your weapon wheel no longer makes gunshot noises.

The Elephant Gun also now has new sounds.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

As a stark contrast to the update from two weeks ago, are you ready for the biggest update ever (by filesize alone!)? Well, prepare yourself, because the latest commit pushed roughly 6 MB of sound effects, over 60 new files, specifically for users of Kinsie's mini-modlets.

As usual, all updates are posted to the github repository.
Spoiler:
stagefatality

Post by stagefatality »

Finally got around to putting this on my RLA load order, and I gotta say I love it a lot, there's a ton of familiar sources that feel right at home with this mod.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

It's funny how the smallest changes can have the biggest effect on mods like this - I've changed exactly 7 lines of SNDINFO, and added Zero new sounds, so that this sound pack now has full support for CutmanMike's excellent Corruption Cards mod! This reuses the sound definitions for DoomRPG's "mission get" stingers and LegenDoom's "has gone Legendary" sounds, so even if you're playing in Chaos mode, you should be hearing my eclectic selection of arcade game coin-ups instead of the usual.

These changes were pushed to the Git repo about 10 minutes ago, so all you should need to do is Pull, or redownload from the Master branch.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”