Weapon Roulette Spinner Version 2: Smooth Doom Compatability

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What should I do?

Force compact mode
42%
Keep it the way it is
58%

Total votes: 12

Seidolon

Weapon Roulette Spinner Version 2: Smooth Doom Compatability

Post by Seidolon »

Hello. This is a weapon roulette HUD display mechanism thing. I'm really pissed right now because I had this whole post completed and when I went to test the download, I accidentally closed the page. Anyways, the SRC file is commented and should explain itself so that I don't have to. You will also have to edit your custom weapon actors in order to get the roulette to activate with custom weapons. If you use it in your mod, credit me and Id software. I'm pretty sure that the yellow flare in the upper center of the screen originated from this mod, however I'm not completely certain. If you have any other questions on how to use it in your mod, ask here and I will gladly answer.

I also might be willing to add this feature to your mod. If you would like me to do so, PM me.

Get it for:

Ultimate Doom - WeaponRoulette-v2_D1.pk3

Doom 2 - WeaponRoulette-v2_D2.pk3

Smooth Doom (Doom 1) - WeaponRoulette-v2_D1-SmoothDoom.pk3 New!

Smooth Doom (Doom 2) - WeaponRoulette-v2_D2-SmoothDoom.pk3 New!

Strife - Abandoned due to complications in weapon replacement. :(

Have a great day!
Last edited by Seidolon on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:53 am, edited 7 times in total.
doony

Re: Weapon Roulette Spinner v_0.1: Doom 1+2

Post by doony »

someone please give a cacoward for Seidolon, this is genius
downloading !
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Thanks. I'm sorry about the fact that it doesn't actually 'spin' (NO LONGER TRUE) like the op makes it sound like it does, but I'm working on that right now. The problem is that adding a spin to it would increase delay, since it is apparently impossible to get what weapon you're switching to ahead of time. I'll think of something though.
Last edited by Seidolon on Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Updated! It now smoothly spins to each weapon with a short delay before starting. I will need to make the y position adjust more smoothly, but I can do that tomorrow. I have to sleep now. I expect some good reviews when I wake up. :)
doony

Post by doony »

after the update its flawlessly perfect !
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

Any chance of a brightness level change/fadeout?
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

You mean where the weapons near the edges are more faded than the center? It kinda does that a bit already, but isn't very noticable, so I'll try to improve that. I'll have a more polished version up in about 7 hours.
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

That and the selected weapon being fullbright.
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Well, the graphics are displayed with hudmessages, so I don't know how I would display it at full brightness, unless there's a flag for that which I forgot about. If there is a way to do that, I will probably just make the whole thing fullbright.
Rustygold

Post by Rustygold »

Wow this Is actually really cool! Guess I know what I'm gonna be using for all my playthroughs!
Seidolon

Re: Weapon Roulette Spinner Version 2: Customization!

Post by Seidolon »

Updated OP. Now rotates horizontally with no downward arch. Added different styles of graphics. Added color customization. Added height variation. Planning to make multiple types of spinnners/scrollers. I will take anybody's ideas into consideration!
Seidolon

Re: Weapon Roulette Spinner Version 2: Smooth Doom Compatabi

Post by Seidolon »

Updated OP Again. Added Smooth Doom Compatability. Added "Horizontal Compact" roulette style. Minor fixes and improvements. Removed black color scheme (it kinda sucked).
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Very nice work Seid! So much time we don't see each other on forums! Mind if I'll add these for Gore in the future? :cool:
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

No I don't mind at all. I was actually planning on modifying a version of this to work specially for Gore. Hopefully we can continue work on that soon as well.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Seidolon wrote:No I don't mind at all. I was actually planning on modifying a version of this to work specially for Gore. Hopefully we can continue work on that soon as well.
Thanks Seid. We'll see then, but I plan to make Gore a one man project, especially concerning mapping. But any aid with code and resources will be welcomed if ok.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”