[Release] JDUI - GZDoom RePack 1.0

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Skrell

Re: [Release] JDUI - GZDoom RePack 1.0

Post by Skrell »

wildweasel wrote:It's probably something that'll have to be tweaked on JDUI's front, because as it stands, nothing GZDoom can do will fix it. The numbers have to be designed in such a way that they're legible at those small sizes.
So you confirm that you see the same thing?
zedas

Post by zedas »

Skrell wrote:Here you go...this is without ANY other gameplay mods.... Notice that you can't even tell if the 2nd digit is a 3 or an 8 or an 9 and is hence unplayable.
Screenshot_Doom_20151225_204738.png
So I see you're using GZdoom's Alternate HUD setting. You should set "Stretch Alternative HUD" (which is directly beneath it) to one of it's two settings. Both will upscale the text to make it legible.

Text size is also somewhat based on what resolution you're running at. The fonts in JDUI are higher resolution. If you're running at 640x480 for example, and text scaling was malfunctioning the text would appear huge.

Also, you sure you're using the lastest version of the source port GZDoom/ZDoom? I'm still unable to replicate any errors, just expected behaviour of the engine scaling.
wpninja

Post by wpninja »

How do you get the HD level intermissions to work?
zedas

Post by zedas »

wpninja wrote:How do you get the HD level intermissions to work?
Do you mean the score/win screens? they work just fine. The text intermissions just use a single texture background. If you're not seeing them you've got something funky going on.
Edifice666

Post by Edifice666 »

Hi,

This is my first ever post so hello to you all!

I'm having REAL difficulty in autoloading these excellent title screens etc. I've opened the .ini file as the instructions suggest and tried several different ways of trying to get the appropriate title screen to correspond with the correct Doom version but it ALWAYS defaults when launched to the original!?

The only way I can load and enjoy them is to physically add them to ZDL myself but that means swapping out different .pk3 files depending on which version I want to play, otherwise the Ultimate Doom hi res title just overwrites everything no matter which version I launch!? I'm using of course GZDOOM and as I say, technically I can enjoy them but if someone could please advise what or where I'm going wrong I'd be VERY grateful, especially as I've now got the rest of the game to look and run exactly how I want it to!

Would deleting my .ini file be easier and starting again as I've amended SO many times and saved the changes! Is it possible someone could reply with concise instructions of what EXACTLY needs to be done as I don't think I'm stupid but clearly I am concerning something that should be so simple! I'm so sorry to go on at length but ANY help/advice would be VERY appreciated!

Many thanks in advance!

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”