Music Covers by Xeotroid (February 2018 - Icarus v2)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LitterboxGremlin

Re: Music Covers by Xeotroid (14/2/16 Memento Mori)

Post by LitterboxGremlin »

These covers are great, Xeotroid. I love that you are covering music from some classic wads and other things that don't get much coverage like Chex Quest. I don't suppose there's any chance we might see covers of Wolfenstein 3D or SOD in the future?
BFG

Post by BFG »

I'm obsessed with these, the Chex level 1 is masterpiece
Xeotroid
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Xeotroid »

LitterboxGremlin wrote:These covers are great, Xeotroid. I love that you are covering music from some classic wads and other things that don't get much coverage like Chex Quest. I don't suppose there's any chance we might see covers of Wolfenstein 3D or SOD in the future?
Thanks! I have some old unreleased Wolfenstein 3-D tracks that I'm not entirely happy with, I might release them with the sticker "Unfinished". ;)
cyberreality

Post by cyberreality »

nice!! may i use it on Doom Radio??
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Your music covers are pretty incredible if I say so myself. Love using them as replacements to the original MIDI tracks. Your guitar sound is great.

So far Requiem's is still my favorite. I love Jacob's Staircase from Requiem, such a great sound. Hunter's Lair is also amazing.

I was blown away the first time I heard Somewhere Over the Horizon, but I noticed there's some audio crackling in the audio wavelengths. Tried to fix it with Audacity but there's so many of them. Maybe take a look at it and see if it can be repaired on your end faster? Such a great track.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

His work It is fantastic, some tracks have vocals. :wub:

The cover of E2M4 : Deimos Lab (Ultimate Doom) impressed me.

I just felt lack of TNT Evilution, you have?
JudgeGroovy

Post by JudgeGroovy »

Great stuff, and gets better and better! The Memento Mori and Plutonia covers are my current favs. Rock on!
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Doctrine Dark wrote:I just felt lack of TNT Evilution, you have?
YES! We need TNT's unique tracks covered next, then mix them with his already done Doom II tracks to create a TNT pack!
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

I agree with TNT also deserves Covers.

The "remasters" of Xeodroid are the best I found.
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

Oh damn, I didn't bother to check the thread... Thanks all for your support!
Maaaybe I'll actually do TNT's soundtrack, however I'm currently looking into some other Plutonia mods. It's actually looking quite good and soon I could release some preview of it, so stay tuned! ;)
After that I'll check out TNT. I already did a cover of one of the tracks and I always wanted to cover Sadistic but I always screwed it up. That was a long time ago, so we'll see.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

Sequel and community project?
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

Exactly. I started with Community Project, but paused when I found one of the tracks was from Plutonia 2, so that's what you're going to see next.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

I gave in and gave some of these a listen. Not too bad, I have to say. I expected the guitar (and drums) for say "At Doom's Gate" and "Shawn's Got The Shotgun" to be heavier (respectfully). But these aren't too bad at all. I'm a big fan of TNT and I can't wait until you get that one all settled.
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

Well, as promised, here is some preview from the upcoming Plutonia 2 cover! Enjoy!
Spoiler:
Hellser wrote:I gave in and gave some of these a listen. Not too bad, I have to say. I expected the guitar (and drums) for say "At Doom's Gate" and "Shawn's Got The Shotgun" to be heavier (respectfully). But these aren't too bad at all. I'm a big fan of TNT and I can't wait until you get that one all settled.
Yeah, I messed up At Doom's Gate. It was the last track I covered in Doom 1 and I just wanted to finish it and this less heavy guitar is kind of easier to work with. With Shawn's Got the Shotgun, I made it before I had access to some nice heavy drums samples, so I used standard drum sounds (that I still use today, they are really good otherwise).
Personally, I don't mind Shawn, but I feel like I need to re-do E1M1 someday, even though I probably won't because it has been covered countless times by many more artists who are better at guitars than I am. Thanks for your opinion!

Nevander wrote:I was blown away the first time I heard Somewhere Over the Horizon, but I noticed there's some audio crackling in the audio wavelengths. Tried to fix it with Audacity but there's so many of them. Maybe take a look at it and see if it can be repaired on your end faster? Such a great track.
Weird, I never noticed them before, but there are some in the FLAC version (and subsequently in MP3, too). My best guess is that I did Requiem before I changed some settings in FL Studio that caused notes cutting off during rendering (and when a sound ends without any fade, you can hear a pop). I'm going to look into this but not right now. Thanks for letting me know!
Last edited by Xeotroid on Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

It is maybe me or not, but i feel some experienced mappers and stuff should revive Plutonia styled wads and stuff.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”