Page 8 of 11

Re: Ultimate DoomVisor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:01 am
by MarlboroMike2100
But dose it come with options... like a cup holder? LOL. Diggin this a lot.

Re: Ultimate DoomVisor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:16 am
by DoomRater
I must say that helmet animation is cool and introduces an element of risk to picking up a new armor in the heat of battle. Friggin love it. Also, now that the radar is integrated, I can use it with more weapon mods. This feels so overall slick.

Re: Ultimate DoomVisor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:26 am
by MrDowntempo
Any chance we'll get a compatibility patch for D4T?

Re: Ultimate DoomVisor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:11 pm
by saegiru
MrDowntempo wrote:Any chance we'll get a compatibility patch for D4T?

I'll look into it, although technically it should still work currently... The only thing a compatibility patch would do is enable the weapon and ammo lists and warnings. Everything else should theoretically work right now.

Re: Ultimate DoomVisor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:25 pm
by Armaetus
Has anyone tested this with Tilt++ ?

Re: Ultimate DoomVisor

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:23 am
by Airos
Glaice wrote:Has anyone tested this with Tilt++ ?


I haven't tested them directly, but I seem to recall Tilt++ being in Project Brutality, which is very much compatible with this. Unless I'm completely mistaken, and PB uses totally different code.

Image

Re: Ultimate DoomVisor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:21 pm
by Twitchy2019
What file does one go to in the A-Base file to change the "Player" name in the visor?

Re: Ultimate DoomVisor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:26 pm
by DoomRater
Why not just change your player's name in player options?

Re: Ultimate DoomVisor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:36 pm
by Twitchy2019
DoomRater wrote:Why not just change your player's name in player options?

You can do that?

Re: Ultimate DoomVisor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:39 pm
by DoomRater
I changed mine to DoomRater and it reflects my name in the visor. It's totally worth setting up for yourself.

Re: Ultimate DoomVisor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:42 pm
by Twitchy2019
DoomRater wrote:I changed mine to DoomRater and it reflects my name in the visor. It's totally worth setting up for yourself.

I just realized I COULD do that. Thanks. I never really thought to change that.

Re: Ultimate DoomVisor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:33 am
by Neverend
Is there a way to display system time and FPS (other than vid_fps 1) with this HUD?

Re: Ultimate DoomVisor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:57 am
by saegiru
Neverend wrote:Is there a way to display system time and FPS (other than vid_fps 1) with this HUD?


No, not that I'm aware of. As far as I know,those are not functions that the engine supports with custom scripting. If you find a way,especially on the system time,let me know because that's a feature I've wanted in there since near the beginning of making UDV.

Re: Ultimate DoomVisor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:42 am
by skellitor301
I've come up with an error and I'm not sure how to fix it. It seems that the UDV clashes with KDIZD from the error it spits out. I'm fairly simplistic when it comes to modding Doom, aka I basically know how to use and set up ZDL. Any idea or tips on how to fix this issue? I've tried it on both ZDoom and GZdoom and I get the same error if that helps narrow things down.

Re: Ultimate DoomVisor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:11 am
by saegiru
skellitor301 wrote:I've come up with an error and I'm not sure how to fix it. It seems that the UDV clashes with KDIZD from the error it spits out. I'm fairly simplistic when it comes to modding Doom, aka I basically know how to use and set up ZDL. Any idea or tips on how to fix this issue? I've tried it on both ZDoom and GZdoom and I get the same error if that helps narrow things down.


You need to use gzdoom 3.1 or higher.