Ultimate DoomVisor

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
saegiru

Re: Ultimate DoomVisor

Post by saegiru »

DoomRater wrote:Ahh, no that's not what I meant actually. I meant how Buzz Lightyear's face is partially visible all the time when in first person mode in the Toy Story 2 game.
Ah, in that case no then. I think that would be too annoying, especially since as of yet I don't know of a way to make it animated... it's just a static image based on your current health that pops up every few minutes. If I figure out an animated way to do it, I might add that as an option though.
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

saegiru wrote:
DoomRater wrote:Ahh, no that's not what I meant actually. I meant how Buzz Lightyear's face is partially visible all the time when in first person mode in the Toy Story 2 game.
Ah, in that case no then. I think that would be too annoying, especially since as of yet I don't know of a way to make it animated... it's just a static image based on your current health that pops up every few minutes. If I figure out an animated way to do it, I might add that as an option though.
Just by the way, I actually DID enable persistent reflection as an option... and ended up liking it that way myself. I also figured out how to make it somewhat animated too... so if you haven't already, feel free to grab the new version and take it for a test run. :)
Obelisk

Post by Obelisk »

I'm having a really tough time trying to get this hud to work with Project Brutality.

My Wad order is:

project brutality.wad
UDV_v1.71_A_BASE.pk3
UDV_v1.71_B_ADD_IN_Mod_ProjectBrutality.pk3
UDV_v1.71_C_ADD_IN_Gfx_Alternate_Visor_HQ

Here are the errors:
Spoiler:
Is it seriously just me thats having this issue trying to get this HUD to work with PB? If so, help me out here!!

EDIT: I fixed the issue myself. All I did was open up UDV_v1.71_B_ADD_IN_Mod_ProjectBrutality.pk3 with SLADE and greentexted the actors that were not present in the original Project Brutality wad. You could probably do so too in a future update so nobody has to put up with this :)
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Oh almost forgot: I love the Doomguy face effect being persistent now. It's creepy as fuck in a dark hallway!
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

Obelisk wrote:I'm having a really tough time trying to get this hud to work with Project Brutality.

My Wad order is:

project brutality.wad
UDV_v1.71_A_BASE.pk3
UDV_v1.71_B_ADD_IN_Mod_ProjectBrutality.pk3
UDV_v1.71_C_ADD_IN_Gfx_Alternate_Visor_HQ
Well you are using an outdated version at the moment... The current version is 1.84, and that error isn't present. I honestly forget when I fixed it, but it definitely has been awhile. :)
Metallforest

Post by Metallforest »

I need some help here... The fonts on my game look like horsecrap :( I think I screwed up somehow while configuring GZDoom openGL texture options now I can't get the visor fonts to their "default" state.

Looks like this:
Spoiler:
I'm using these mods:
- Project Brutality 2.03a
- Maps of Chaos: The Full Package (1.25) Overkill Version
- DooM Metal Pack vol.4
- DHTP (DOOM high resolution texture project) Version 20150723
- JDUI Brutal Doom (Ultimate Edition)
- Ultimate DoomVisor HUD v1.84 + 5 extra modules
- UAC Survival Pack
- Quake-style strafe tilting (GZDoom)
- X-Hairs Pack

I've even tried loading Vanilla Doom and UDV with the same results. Deleted all GZDoom configuration files and start over from scratch but the fonts keep looking like horsecrap.
Rustblade

Post by Rustblade »

I might be wrong about this but didn't the font change in the latest version? I wasn't a fan either, so I'm using UDV_v1.84_D_MISC_OriginalFonts.pk3
Metallforest

Post by Metallforest »

Rustblade wrote:I might be wrong about this but didn't the font change in the latest version? I wasn't a fan either, so I'm using UDV_v1.84_D_MISC_OriginalFonts.pk3
Dude u're totally right! I don't know how did I missed that file on the zip. Thank you so much! My problem is finally fixed!
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Im looking for this version of the visor,the one used in the video with the projected hologram for Taggart face https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvEbfEaD5R4

Could someone please send me a download link for that version,thank you.
wpninja

Post by wpninja »

That is actually the current version you can find. You just need to load the *C2* addon to make it work.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Yeah ok,i still had version 1.71 and didnt saw that Saegiru recently had an update.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Yeah i got some problem launching the mod.

this is what i get when i load c2 visor,altmugshot and bdv24
Spoiler:
if i use only c2 visor and altmugshot i get.
Spoiler:
So yeah,im have no ideas wich of the stuffs that i should use to have the hud that i want.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

So yeah,still waiting for an answer.

Im never sure what i must load when it come to this visor wad since there's so much wads in that file.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

It sounds like your GZDoom needs a later version. Check the Dev versions.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Great addon, probably one of the best I have seen for Doom so far.

In your Usage Guide PDF, you should include an explanation of what each module does and include a picture. People like me had to guess what they do and do a lot of rebooting of the game to figure it out.

That's my only complaint, other than that this a superb addon.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”