Ultimate DoomVisor

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
kadu522
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Re: Ultimate DoomVisor

Post by kadu522 »

ethan1987 wrote:i can't seem to load project brutality after downloading UDV v 1.85....i'm getting a console loading error
i'm using ZDL 3.2.2.2 with gzdoom....
i'm copying my load order and console log

Service Pack 1
M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
Using program directory for storage
W_Init: Init WADfiles.
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/gzdoom.pk3, 699 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/Doom2.wad, 2919 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/External Files/mapsofchaos.wad, 656 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/External Files/mapsofchaos-hc.wad, 678 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/External Files/mapsofchaos-ok.wad, 656 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/External Files/FinalDoomJetBlackAngstSoundtrackVol.2.wad, 35 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/Project Brutality 2.03.pk3, 20476 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/Project Brutality 2.03.pk3:e2m8.wad, 11 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/Project Brutality 2.03.pk3:e3m8.wad, 11 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/Project Brutality 2.03.pk3:terrain.wad, 260 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/Project Brutality 2.03.pk3:titlemap.wad, 7 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/Project Brutality 2.03.pk3:xhairs.wad, 94 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/External Files/HUDs/UDV/v185/UDV_v1.85_A_BASE.pk3, 2652 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/External Files/HUDs/UDV/v185/UDV_v1.85_A_BASE.pk3:xhairs.wad, 94 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/External Files/HUDs/UDV/v185/UDV_v1.85_B_MOD_ProjectBrutality.pk3, 23 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/External Files/HUDs/UDV/v185/UDV_v1.85_C_VISOR_Alternate_1.pk3, 64 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/External Files/HUDs/UDV/v185/UDV_v1.85_D_GFX_AltMugshot.pk3, 58 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/External Files/HUDs/UDV/v185/UDV_v1.85_D_GFX_ScreenEffects_LQ.pk3, 20 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/External Files/HUDs/UDV/v185/UDV_v1.85_D_MISC_BrutalPack_ExtraMonsters.pk3, 1 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/External Files/HUDs/UDV/v185/UDV_v1.85_D_MISC_Fearrific_Nightmare.pk3, 1 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/External Files/HUDs/UDV/v185/UDV_v1.85_D_MISC_Inventory_Goggles.pk3, 23 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/External Files/HUDs/UDV/v185/UDV_v1.85_D_MISC_Inventory_HEV_Suit.pk3, 24 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/External Files/HUDs/UDV/v185/UDV_v1.85_D_MISC_KDIZD_KEYS.pk3, 6 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/External Files/HUDs/UDV/v185/UDV_v1.85_D_MISC_KDIZD_KEYS_VISOR_Alt_2.pk3, 6 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/External Files/HUDs/UDV/v185/UDV_v1.85_D_MISC_NoMenuFont.pk3, 2 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/External Files/HUDs/UDV/v185/UDV_v1.85_D_MISC_OriginalFonts.pk3, 1 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/External Files/HUDs/UDV/v185/UDV_v1.85_D_SFX_Ambient.pk3, 1 lumps
adding E:/DOOM mods/project brutality/External Files/HUDs/UDV/v185/UDV_v1.85_D_SFX_Sounds.pk3, 33 lumps

Execution could not continue.

8 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts
That load order is so wrong,first of you don't have to load multiple maps just load the one you man't and secondly i don't remenber using that many UDV ad-ons maybe you should remove a few like KDIZD keys since you are not playing it.

Se if That Works. :winker:
Airos

Post by Airos »

I love the mod, and I'm wondering about a particular change regarding the enemy health bar.

I love the random names for the zombies (RIP Sgt. Peterson, the first zombie I killed with this mod, your death is both a tragic and hilarious in-joke to me and my friends). I'm not nearly so excited by "Class 1 entity, Class 2 entity, etc". While I know it's possible to display the actual enemy names, (I can't remember the name of the mod I saw Icarus use in Doom Mod Madness, but it was very basic visually), what I don't know is how difficult that would be to change without breaking anything else, nor do I know if it would be a time consuming process.

I made a half-hearted attempt at looking through the core PK3 myself, but I'm an absolute beginner at modding so I don't even really know what I'm looking for to begin with. Even still, rather than my first post be seen as "make this change, I'm an entitled gamer", I'd at least like to put my money where my mouth is and display that I'm willing to learn how to do the work myself.

If it's really not that complicated and someone wouldn't mind making a patch/module, awesome. If someone wouldn't mind taking the time to explain the process to me, also awesome. If it's difficult to both implement and explain, and someone wouldn't mind giving me a basic layman's explanation, also also awesome.

Thanks in advance. :mrgreen:
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

Airos wrote:I love the mod, and I'm wondering about a particular change regarding the enemy health bar.

I love the random names for the zombies (RIP Sgt. Peterson, the first zombie I killed with this mod, your death is both a tragic and hilarious in-joke to me and my friends). I'm not nearly so excited by "Class 1 entity, Class 2 entity, etc". While I know it's possible to display the actual enemy names, (I can't remember the name of the mod I saw Icarus use in Doom Mod Madness, but it was very basic visually), what I don't know is how difficult that would be to change without breaking anything else, nor do I know if it would be a time consuming process.

I made a half-hearted attempt at looking through the core PK3 myself, but I'm an absolute beginner at modding so I don't even really know what I'm looking for to begin with. Even still, rather than my first post be seen as "make this change, I'm an entitled gamer", I'd at least like to put my money where my mouth is and display that I'm willing to learn how to do the work myself.

If it's really not that complicated and someone wouldn't mind making a patch/module, awesome. If someone wouldn't mind taking the time to explain the process to me, also awesome. If it's difficult to both implement and explain, and someone wouldn't mind giving me a basic layman's explanation, also also awesome.

Thanks in advance. :mrgreen:
Hmm, you make a good point. I'll see about making a small mod to it that gives you the option to show the raw name if you want. I just think it's ridiculous to see "tehlostsoul" or "zombieman", or "shotgunguy", etc. - it breaks the immersion for me - but I get that not everyone cares about that. I plan on releasing a new 2.00 version of UDV this week, so if I have time I'll tweak that little bit before I release it. :)
Airos

Post by Airos »

saegiru wrote:Hmm, you make a good point. I'll see about making a small mod to it that gives you the option to show the raw name if you want. I just think it's ridiculous to see "tehlostsoul" or "zombieman", or "shotgunguy", etc. - it breaks the immersion for me - but I get that not everyone cares about that. I plan on releasing a new 2.00 version of UDV this week, so if I have time I'll tweak that little bit before I release it. :)
To be honest, I didn't consider that they may not actually be called in engine what they're called in universe, so I was thinking they'd be called "Lost Soul", "Baron of Hell", etc, and still keeping the random rank/names for the zombies. I'd agree that those examples you've given would be immersion breaking, (although possibly more immersive for role-playing comic book doom guy). I imagine it would be a chore to create aliases for each of the default demons (making "DOOMIMP" display as "Imp", etc.), and never mind any attempt at monster pack support.

Oh, for what it's worth, the hud I was thinking of before was JP HUD (viewtopic.php?f=46&t=46204), which I now more clearly see is also presenting names in the same fashion.

Still, the internal name is still immensely useful when playing any map with an expanded bestiary, since it at least gives a vague idea of what the baddie should be called. Thanks for taking my suggestion. :D

I'm looking forward to seeing the next version when it's ready.
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

Airos wrote:
saegiru wrote:Hmm, you make a good point. I'll see about making a small mod to it that gives you the option to show the raw name if you want. I just think it's ridiculous to see "tehlostsoul" or "zombieman", or "shotgunguy", etc. - it breaks the immersion for me - but I get that not everyone cares about that. I plan on releasing a new 2.00 version of UDV this week, so if I have time I'll tweak that little bit before I release it. :)
To be honest, I didn't consider that they may not actually be called in engine what they're called in universe, so I was thinking they'd be called "Lost Soul", "Baron of Hell", etc, and still keeping the random rank/names for the zombies. I'd agree that those examples you've given would be immersion breaking, (although possibly more immersive for role-playing comic book doom guy). I imagine it would be a chore to create aliases for each of the default demons (making "DOOMIMP" display as "Imp", etc.), and never mind any attempt at monster pack support.

Oh, for what it's worth, the hud I was thinking of before was JP HUD (viewtopic.php?f=46&t=46204), which I now more clearly see is also presenting names in the same fashion.

Still, the internal name is still immensely useful when playing any map with an expanded bestiary, since it at least gives a vague idea of what the baddie should be called. Thanks for taking my suggestion. :D

I'm looking forward to seeing the next version when it's ready.
Yeah, the problem is that I don't want to take on the burden of naming every single enemy type for many different mods. The funny thing is, if the mod creator themselves would just assign a name tag to each enemy as they create or add them to their mod, UDV is set up to display that nametag by default. For example, the newest Project Brutality test version has a few new enemy types such as "DNImpVariant2", which has a nametag of MeanImp. UDV displays the MeanImp because it actually has a name to reference. Sadly, most actors don't have nametags, so I made up the "Class X Entity" system that bases the "X" on the level of health the monster has. The higher the number, the higher the base health of that enemy. I figured "Class X Entity" sounded decently technical and generic, and the X level allowed for different enemies to still be differentiated according to their health, since they didn't have assigned names and would otherwise show up as "DoomImp", or "Imp2", or "NamiDarkImp".

Regardless, I have made it to where you will now have the choice of displaying anything without a nametag as either "Class X Entity" (by default), or their classname. So if you turn the generic option on, you will see things like "DoomImp", etc. instead of "Class X Entity".
Airos

Post by Airos »

saegiru wrote:Yeah, the problem is that I don't want to take on the burden of naming every single enemy type for many different mods. The funny thing is, if the mod creator themselves would just assign a name tag to each enemy as they create or add them to their mod, UDV is set up to display that nametag by default. For example, the newest Project Brutality test version has a few new enemy types such as "DNImpVariant2", which has a nametag of MeanImp. UDV displays the MeanImp because it actually has a name to reference. Sadly, most actors don't have nametags, so I made up the "Class X Entity" system that bases the "X" on the level of health the monster has. The higher the number, the higher the base health of that enemy. I figured "Class X Entity" sounded decently technical and generic, and the X level allowed for different enemies to still be differentiated according to their health, since they didn't have assigned names and would otherwise show up as "DoomImp", or "Imp2", or "NamiDarkImp".

Regardless, I have made it to where you will now have the choice of displaying anything without a nametag as either "Class X Entity" (by default), or their classname. So if you turn the generic option on, you will see things like "DoomImp", etc. instead of "Class X Entity".
I don't blame you, that sounds like a serious project to be undertaking. :mrgreen:

Again, thank you for taking the time to include the change.
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

New version is out, feel free to grab it and give it a go. Lots of new features, lots of changes, lots of improvements and bugfixes. Enjoy!
Armaetus
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Quick question (and dunno if I asked) but do you have the blinking (ala Blinkmod v2) used here?
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

Glaice wrote:Quick question (and dunno if I asked) but do you have the blinking (ala Blinkmod v2) used here?
I do not, but I do remember that question from awhile back. I'll take a look and put it on my future possible features. Right now I'm looking at switching to ZScript if possible (and if it allows better features), as well as finding a way to incorporate the minimap functionality from Delta Doom.
Khronos

Post by Khronos »

Hi Guys, i am kinda new on the mods and addons! so i try to use the awesome UDV, but when i use it, the maps gets too dark, i try many options on the UDV menu but nothing fix this! so there is some way to remove this dark effect? Thank you!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

Khronos wrote:Hi Guys, i am kinda new on the mods and addons! so i try to use the awesome UDV, but when i use it, the maps gets too dark, i try many options on the UDV menu but nothing fix this! so there is some way to remove this dark effect? Thank you!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
First, are you using the most recent version? That looks like an older version. The current version is 2.11.

Second, it appears you have the Light Level effects turned on. Go into the UDV Options menu under Gameplay options and ensure that the Light Level effects are turned to Default and/or Off.
Khronos

Post by Khronos »

hi, so i set to this!
Spoiler:
but nothing have change! :(

and i am using the "Ultimate_DoomVisor_v1.85_2016-09-07" there is some files to turn into the DOOM2016, but i am not using!
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

Khronos wrote:hi, so i set to this!
Spoiler:
but nothing have change! :(

and i am using the "Ultimate_DoomVisor_v1.85_2016-09-07" there is some files to turn into the DOOM2016, but i am not using!
Hmm, well if I remember correctly, I think there might have been a bug with v1.85 and the lighting effects. If you try downloading the newer 2.11 version - that issue should go away.
Khronos

Post by Khronos »

Hi Again :) so i try to download and use the new UDV2.11 but i got this error!
Spoiler:
so after try another things i finally fix this issue, so if some one have the same issue here is the fix!

Code: Select all

Open the "UDV_v1.85_A_BASE.pk3" with winrar and find the folder "acs" and delet the file "darkdoom.O"
Spoiler:
thank you for the atention! :D
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Khronos wrote:Hi Again :) so i try to download and use the new UDV2.11 but i got this error!
Update your GZDoom.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”