Ultimate DoomVisor

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
skellitor301

Re: Ultimate DoomVisor

Post by skellitor301 »

Oh, thanks I didn't realize a newer version was out.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

Hi, Love the UDV mod. Top Notch Stuff.

I was curious if you had some free time to assist with another project that seems to be a hot idea right now. The project is a mod that centers on the idea of being inside a power armor (yeah, another one of those). The mod author is having trouble creating custom content to really flesh out the mod and make it something unique. I was hoping that perhaps you or someone else might be able to help with a custom HUD overlay to really make it stand out.

Here is the project in question. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=53876
Dynamite Dan

Post by Dynamite Dan »

The best visor ever! I really like using it along with "Project Brutality"!

Is there any way to leave it without modifying the menu and the loading screen of GZDOOM?
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

Dynamite Dan wrote:The best visor ever! I really like using it along with "Project Brutality"!

Is there any way to leave it without modifying the menu and the loading screen of GZDOOM?
There's an optional add in that will remove the menu fonts - and for the loading screen, you can remove the .planar files from the BASE pk3 and that should get rid of the loading screen replacement.
Dynamite Dan

Post by Dynamite Dan »

Notch and Startup did the work partially.
I just want to leave the menu unchanged by this mod .., so when I use a megawad (for example) as Back To Saturn i can see the one from that wad.
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

Dynamite Dan wrote:Notch and Startup did the work partially.
I just want to leave the menu unchanged by this mod .., so when I use a megawad (for example) as Back To Saturn i can see the one from that wad.
You should still see the back to saturn menus... I don't have any menu replacements happening in UDV, as long as you are using version 2.0 or higher.
Dynamite Dan

Post by Dynamite Dan »

You are right. I confused myself with the menu of Project Brutality.
TERMiNAL

Post by TERMiNAL »

Will you be updated UDV when PB 3.0 is officially released? It will have a scavenger mode just like the PB Mutator pack, I think it's the exact same thing...it will be added to PB 3.0 by Painkiller.

So the inventory will need to show the new items when collected.
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

TERMiNAL wrote:Will you be updated UDV when PB 3.0 is officially released? It will have a scavenger mode just like the PB Mutator pack, I think it's the exact same thing...it will be added to PB 3.0 by Painkiller.

Yes, when it and BDv21 are released I will be doing updates if necessary - but I'm not doing any further updates until the final versions are out. Having to constantly update with working builds was burning me out.
TERMiNAL

Post by TERMiNAL »

saegiru wrote:
TERMiNAL wrote:Will you be updated UDV when PB 3.0 is officially released? It will have a scavenger mode just like the PB Mutator pack, I think it's the exact same thing...it will be added to PB 3.0 by Painkiller.

Yes, when it and BDv21 are released I will be doing updates if necessary - but I'm not doing any further updates until the final versions are out. Having to constantly update with working builds was burning me out.
Yeah I kinda thought so...UDV has a sh*it load of builds.

:mrgreen:
TERMiNAL

Post by TERMiNAL »

Here are a few issues for the latest PB update, and some new PB stuff.

1. scavenger items are in the inventory, but do not fit correctly because they are images instead of text, the images need to be scaled down. Maybe make the other inv items images also? it's quicker to look at instead of reading whats in your inv.

2. returning back to doomguy after using a demonrune, will show warning...low armor.

3. The axe needs to be added to the weapons list, it's the same axe in bdv21

4. when PB scavanger healthkits are enabled and UDV smartscav are disabled it will still only show the normal green healthkits that do not open. If UDV smart scav is disabled
it should show the pb scavenger healthkits that open but they do not. I believe there are 2 different sizes of healthkits that open for the pb smartscav system. When UDV smartscav is enabled it will show the proper white udv healthkits that open..

5. Dual pulse cannon upgrade will show small text instead of large where weapon name is listed above ammo.
skellitor301

Post by skellitor301 »

Hi there, I would like to make a voice pack for this mod if that's an option. If so what are all the options to make lines for?
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

skellitor301 wrote:Hi there, I would like to make a voice pack for this mod if that's an option. If so what are all the options to make lines for?
If you open up the mod and take a look in the SOUNDS folder, you can run through the different voice packs in there and get an idea of what different options there are. Specifically, I think the Rallinth folder has the full set... also Cortana.

Also, if you end up making one - let me know on here and I'll take a listen to it and see about implementing it. If you want to add it yourself as an addon, feel free as well. You'd need to either replace one of the current, or add some new code for yours in the saehud.acs script.
skellitor301

Post by skellitor301 »

Cool, hope you enjoy this voice pack. If any edits need to be made let me know, I have the project files saved.
Dropbox Download
I dont have a name for the voice yet, but if anyone has any ideas feel free to suggest them.
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

Hmm, I like it! I'll see about implementing it on the next release. I'm currently making changes for BDv21 on final release, as well as PB3 (if it ever releases as well...) and a few others; Beautiful Doom, BD:Black Edition, etc.

No ideas on names, but it definitely has a beefy no nonsense feel.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”