[ECWolf] CeeJay's "Shoe Shine" patch

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [ECWolf] CeeJay's "Shoe Shine" patch

Postby CeeJay » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:51 pm

CeeJay

Postby spiffythedog » Sat May 02, 2020 12:45 am

Thanks!
spiffythedog

Postby hoover1979 » Fri May 22, 2020 4:11 am

It seems like on E1M10 and one of the secret levels in SOD all enemies die to the tone of a fart. It only happens when this great GFX mod is enabled, when run in vanilla mode the fart glitch is gone. Is anyone else getting this?
hoover1979
Making 2k Texture Pack for Doom.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby CeeJay » Sat May 23, 2020 12:26 pm

No, this is an issue that does exist. Wasn't able to figure why this was, but I haven't really had a look at it for some time.

EDIT: Uploaded new version, got around the issue by simply removing the fart sfx all together. Also a handful of updated sprites. Enjoy!
CeeJay

Postby domino089 » Tue May 26, 2020 11:15 pm

Hi Ceejay, congratulations for the excellent high resolution sprite work, I dare make a request to you if possible, I am currently doing a compilation of high resolution sprites from various users to make a mod that includes both Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of Destiny and the mission pack, precisely for the mission pack in the sprites that I found from Submarine Willy are missing for redrawing 3 death sprites that are (SUBWH0, SUBWI0, SUBWJ0) you could redraw these 3 missing sprites? Attached Submarine Willy sprites
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
domino089

Postby CeeJay » Wed May 27, 2020 11:51 pm

As much as I would like to help I'm afraid I just ain't the right guy for the job, you might want to ask here viewtopic.php?f=37&t=52873 or at the Resource Request sub-forum.
CeeJay

Postby domino089 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:19 am

Ok, thanks :thumb:
domino089

Postby hoover1979 » Thu May 28, 2020 8:38 pm

CeeJay wrote:No, this is an issue that does exist. Wasn't able to figure why this was, but I haven't really had a look at it for some time.

EDIT: Uploaded new version, got around the issue by simply removing the fart sfx all together. Also a handful of updated sprites. Enjoy!

Thanks @Ceejay.
hoover1979
Making 2k Texture Pack for Doom.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby ShockwaveS08 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:16 am

Is it possible to implement textured floors and ceilings on a per-level basis, assuming that there are HD textures that can do this convincingly?
ShockwaveS08

Discord: Shockwave_S08#0859

Postby CeeJay » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:00 am

ShockwaveS08 wrote:Is it possible to implement textured floors and ceilings on a per-level basis, assuming that there are HD textures that can do this convincingly?

I believe this would have to involve editing the actual levels themselves, worth looking into if it can be done without touching the maps. And no, I am not aware of any HD Wolf3D floor tiles.
CeeJay

Postby joshthenesnerd » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:23 pm

i was looking at some map info stuff for EC wolf, and it looks like you can set a custom floor/ceiling colour for every level, maybe mapinfo will allow for custom textures in place of a hex code for colour?
joshthenesnerd

Postby AstroCreep » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:06 pm

joshthenesnerd wrote:i was looking at some map info stuff for EC wolf, and it looks like you can set a custom floor/ceiling colour for every level, maybe mapinfo will allow for custom textures in place of a hex code for colour?

It sure does ;).

If you’re willing to edit the actual maps you can do third plane flats as well and have multiple textures.
AstroCreep
#FEARTHEBLOBOID

Previous

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches