[ECWolf] CeeJay's "Shoe Shine" patch

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [ECWolf] CeeJay's "Shoe Shine" patch

Postby CeeJay » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:17 pm

3371-Alpha wrote:I personally would prefer a statusbar similar to the Mac version, tough widescreen. Doom and other id tech 1 based games have widescreen statusbars I wonder why no one's attempted on wolf3d?

The status bar IS based on the one used in the Mac port. Hi-res and all. Though it is modified to fit PC Wolf. I do not believe there is currently a way of modifying the layouts and design of it in ECWolf.

3371-Alpha wrote:Either way, here're somethings I noted about the latest version: the MP40 when used by the SS sounds a little too beefy now, sounds like a chain gun;

Hmmm, could change it to the "pop" sound used by guards and bosses. But, I thought it'd make a nice change.

3371-Alpha wrote:BJ still doesn't use the Mac version's grunt/"oof" sound when pushing on walls that can't open

The grunt/oof sound is not possible in ECWolf, at least last time I checked.

3371-Alpha wrote:the menus' updated font isn't bad it looks really weird without high-res backgrounds to match; good job with restoring the 99 ammo limit and removing the head sway, they didn't fit in well with Wolfenstein.

The fonts are only more textured, they are not of higher resolution. The icons, the episode logos and skill faces, are however. I do not believe it is possible to modify the background other than changing the colours.

Thanks for the feedback.

Re: [ECWolf] CeeJay's "Shoe Shine" patch

Postby CeeJay » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:01 pm

As promised, the mod has been updated and uploaded.

DW: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3j3o4ni7o ... hdpack.pk3

Includes new border colours, additions to the intermission, some sound changes and some other stuff.

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches