[ECWolf] CeeJay's "Shoe Shine" patch

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Flynn Taggart

Re: [ECWolf] CeeJay's hi-res/enhancement patch (version 4)

Post by Flynn Taggart »

If you're talking about those two stones I can't really find a way to work around it, I think it's pretty much the same case with the original texture although slightly less notable.

Also started some work on the brown one, My version is on the right still WIP
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Lookin' good 8-)
Fox666

Post by Fox666 »

A small contribution:

Edit: Corrected the palette:

Last edited by Fox666 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Hey, that looks better than my attempt. I took the Wolf3D wreath from the Doom 2 texture (which for some reason is more professionally drawn) and just re-colored it.

Thanks you!
Flynn Taggart

Post by Flynn Taggart »

This took longer than it should. Mainly trying to get some details right and general laziness. Hope it is good enough.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

A job well done! Looks and tiles perfectly.
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

CeeJay wrote:The second one now tiles okay, sticks out a wee bit but works.

The second ones bottom half tiles perfectly (from both sides) but there's some issues with the top part as you can see here:
The problem is the texture of the stone. PC gray stone is flat and rough, Mac gray stone is smooth and rounded. You'll have to redraw the surfaces of all the stones to fit the Mac style.
StrikerMan780

Post by StrikerMan780 »

Someone ended up making Angled versions of the Mac Wolf enemy sprites, they're on the ZDoom forums here somewhere, but I can't recall the thread. Would you consider using them if found?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Of course, but I have no memory of this myself. I know there's been quite a few requests and a few unfinished attempts but that's all I know of.
StrikerMan780

Post by StrikerMan780 »

Never mind... I could have SWORN I've seen Angled mac sprites posted here a long time ago. I've seem to have lost track. However, there's some excellent weapon sprites in the Wolf3D TC 2.0 thread.

See: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... start=1110
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Those are nice all but for particular addon I prefer to stick to improved versions of the Macintosh and Jagaur port weapon sets. The project is put on ice for the moment, but will most likely be reworked to allow compatibility with other mods. After the re-working of Wolf3DGE I'm pretty burned out will all things Wolf3D-related.
Doom Juan

Post by Doom Juan »

Some excellent talent in here, got me inspired to have a crack at modifying Macenstein sprites.

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Great work so far, Juan 8-) The SS only really need be re-colored black and given an officers hat. I remember seeing one somewhere, probably from one of Laz Rojas scenarios but I can't find it.

I would just like to point out that the enemy sprites that i'm using have a couple of additional frames added to them (thanks to DoomJedi and Captain J.). Idle and extra death. Id apparently threw the Atari Jaguar port together over a weekend to test the systems capability to handle DOOM, which is probably why more than half of the stuff from the original PC port wasn't redrawn and some of the stuff that was wasn't done very well. They basically just took the horribly butchered SNES port and replaced its resources (which use 32x32 sprites and walls and had to be trimmed due to system limitations and cartridge space) instead of going to the original PC game and updating that instead. When it came to the 3DO and Macintosh ports (they were done side-by-side) Macplay didn't really put much effort into actually improving anything. The only real contribution in those ports was the soundtrack, effects and music. I read somewhere that even the programming was kind of messy.
Doom Juan

Post by Doom Juan »

CeeJay wrote:Great work so far, Juan 8-) The SS only really need be re-colored black and given an officers hat. I remember seeing one somewhere, probably from one of Laz Rojas scenarios but I can't find it.
I think you'll find them here on his Wolf3D page:

http://lazrojas.com/wolf3d/index2.html

Also, I'm having some difficulty with the black on the SS... doesn't quite come out the way I like it, either too bland or too dark... doesn't quite mix with the rest of the sprites, but I'm plugging away at it when I have time.
Fox666

Post by Fox666 »

My take on the grey stones:

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”