[ECWolf] CeeJay's "Shoe Shine" patch

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
3371-Alpha

Re: [ECWolf] CeeJay's hi-res patch (added "The Lost Missions

Post by 3371-Alpha »

I'm having the same problem with it not loading in the mission packs and don't you mean the packs' files have to be named sd2 & sd3? Also they can be loaded beside the files for the main game, right?
Dunya

Post by Dunya »

The point is that this only works with the version of lost episodes, whose files have the .SOD extension. They can be found on the Internet. This pack unfortunately will not work with the version of lost episodes having an extension of .SD2 or .SD3. Only .SOD.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Dunya wrote:The point is that this only works with the version of lost episodes, whose files have the .SOD extension. They can be found on the Internet.
I wonder why they wouldn't work with the .SD2 ones? If the only difference is the file extension, that seems like it'd be a bug somewhere. After all, those are the versions provided by the Steam release.
3371-Alpha

Post by 3371-Alpha »

Well ecwolf tells you to rename them to that then place them in the data folder, presumably so they don't overwrite the default sod files. Effectively it makes the add ons their own games.
enderandrew

Post by enderandrew »

Is there a way to put them in a sub-folder then so you can use the .SOD extensions and not overwrite the other files?

I'm not sure how to have them all together but use .SOD extensions for this patch.
Blzut3

Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Blzut3 »

There is only one version of the second mission and two versions of the third mission. Just rename your vswap, maphead, and gamemaps files accordingly. I don't have the original floppy releases to compare but the SD2/SD3 naming comes from the all in one releases where a program was used to change the active mission (which meant shuffling file extensions around).

As for having the textures simultaneously. Once you do the above ECWolf will deconflict the naming. See the sd2map and sd3map files in ecwolf.pk3 and name them accordingly. ECWolf actually does this specifically so mods like these can do this. (Or in case someone wants to use resources from both the mission pack and the base game in their mod.)
3371-Alpha

Post by 3371-Alpha »

I've managed to actually modify the base texture pack and added more Mac sounds in it, special thanks to this small thread. I attached the mod below.
In addition to the above, I noticed a few quirks when using the Mac weapons pack, such as the weapons not starching all the way to the bottom of the screen. I fixed it by using the weapons here (bottom of first post). I also notice that the status bar and BJ's face aren't the original Mac textures, I suppose the status bar it due to have the PC version renders it though. I wonder though it it's also possible to add more Mac texture, such as the intermission screen and menus.
Attachments
Mac_sounds.pk3
(122.39 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
CeeJay

Re: [ECWolf] CeeJay's "Shoe Shine" patch

Post by CeeJay »

Updated, but not properly playtested.

See first post for DL.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I'm glad you've restored weapon switching speed and maximum ammo back to vanilla. Would it be possible to make the area around the hud dark blue instead of black?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Of course, but it would also affect the background of the intermission screen as well. So If I make the border around the status bar blue, the background on the intermission screen would also be blue. Might not be a bad thing though, I'll have a look.

EDIT: Something like this?
Spoiler:
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I was thinking of something closer to the HUD's color, so it wouldn't feel so isolated.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Like that:
Spoiler:
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Yes, thank you.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

It'll be included at the next update :)
3371-Alpha

Post by 3371-Alpha »

I personally would prefer a statusbar similar to the Mac version, tough widescreen. Doom and other id tech 1 based games have widescreen statusbars I wonder why no one's attempted on wolf3d?
Either way, here're somethings I noted about the latest version: the MP40 when used by the SS sounds a little too beefy now, sounds like a chain gun; BJ still doesn't use the Mac version's grunt/"oof" sound when pushing on walls that can't open; although the menus' updated font isn't bad it looks really weird without high-res backgrounds to match; good job with restoring the 99 ammo limit and removing the head sway, they didn't fit in well with Wolfenstein.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”