[ECWolf] CeeJay's "Shoe Shine" patch

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CeeJay

Re: [ECWolf] CeeJay's "Shoe Shine" patch

Post by CeeJay »

3371-Alpha wrote:I personally would prefer a statusbar similar to the Mac version, tough widescreen. Doom and other id tech 1 based games have widescreen statusbars I wonder why no one's attempted on wolf3d?
The status bar IS based on the one used in the Mac port. Hi-res and all. Though it is modified to fit PC Wolf. I do not believe there is currently a way of modifying the layouts and design of it in ECWolf.
3371-Alpha wrote:Either way, here're somethings I noted about the latest version: the MP40 when used by the SS sounds a little too beefy now, sounds like a chain gun;
Hmmm, could change it to the "pop" sound used by guards and bosses. But, I thought it'd make a nice change.
3371-Alpha wrote:BJ still doesn't use the Mac version's grunt/"oof" sound when pushing on walls that can't open
The grunt/oof sound is not possible in ECWolf, at least last time I checked.
3371-Alpha wrote:the menus' updated font isn't bad it looks really weird without high-res backgrounds to match; good job with restoring the 99 ammo limit and removing the head sway, they didn't fit in well with Wolfenstein.
The fonts are only more textured, they are not of higher resolution. The icons, the episode logos and skill faces, are however. I do not believe it is possible to modify the background other than changing the colours.

Thanks for the feedback.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

As promised, the mod has been updated and uploaded.

DW: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3j3o4ni7o ... hdpack.pk3

Includes new border colours, additions to the intermission, some sound changes and some other stuff.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Added Angel of Death fireball (half-assed and non-faithful placeholder) and cleaned up TEXTURES (there were lots of repeated entries).

Get Psyched!
joshthenesnerd

Post by joshthenesnerd »

i love this mod, thank you for making this. i recently updated it after having not done so for a long time. and i noticed something very odd though when i played the new version of the mod. in the secret level when i kill an enemy, the death sound effect ends in a fart sound. i've included a link to a video i recorded of this happening. i don't know if it is intentional. i don't think it is, as i see no mention of this in the thread. if this is an intentional addition, is it supposed to be a fart sound? if it isn't supposed to be one, what is it? if it is supposed to be one, why is it there?
Spoiler:
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

joshthenesnerd wrote:i love this mod, thank you for making this. i recently updated it after having not done so for a long time. and i noticed something very odd though when i played the new version of the mod. in the secret level when i kill an enemy, the death sound effect ends in a fart sound. i've included a link to a video i recorded of this happening. i don't know if it is intentional. i don't think it is, as i see no mention of this in the thread. if this is an intentional addition, is it supposed to be a fart sound? if it isn't supposed to be one, what is it? if it is supposed to be one, why is it there?
Spoiler:
This is intentional and unchanged from vanilla Wolf 3D. While in E1F10, E2F9 or E2F10, enemies have a 1 in 256 chance to play a fart sound on death instead of the regular screams, so you just got really lucky :D

Edit: Just saw your video and it's indeed odd that it's playing 100% of the time :lol:
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

joshthenesnerd wrote:i love this mod, thank you for making this. i recently updated it after having not done so for a long time.
Thank you very much.
joshthenesnerd wrote:i noticed something very odd though when i played the new version of the mod. in the secret level when i kill an enemy, the death sound effect ends in a fart sound. i've included a link to a video i recorded of this happening. i don't know if it is intentional. i don't think it is, as i see no mention of this in the thread. if this is an intentional addition, is it supposed to be a fart sound? if it isn't supposed to be one, what is it? if it is supposed to be one, why is it there?
What he said. Could be that the code that handles this may not be working properly in ECWolf.
joshthenesnerd

Post by joshthenesnerd »

ah okay. i didn't know about the fart sounds. it is a 1 in 256 chance, so maybe i never came across them or maybe i never noticed them. i found it happening 100% of the time in the secret levels a little jarring, so i just removed the wavs for them and their lines in the sndinfo text file.
by the way, i'm very curious, why did you change the name to shoe shine patch? took me a while to realize it was the same mod.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I does happen 100% of the time with the mod. Not sure if the problem lies with the mod itself or if it something with ECWolf.
hoover1979
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by hoover1979 »

I have been playing this mod for a long time without a farting death sound. Today I was half-way through E1M10 and got the fart sound when killing a brownshirt. For the rest of the level every enemy I killed be it brownshirt, SS guard or dog died to the tone of a fart. It resolved itself after finishing the level. Even saving, quitting ECWolf and reloading didn't stop every enemy dying with a fart. Only finishing the level resolved it. Very odd. I don't know if it's ECWolf or if this problem was possible with DOS Wolf3D. I played Wolf3D since 1992 and never had that happen.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

From what I recall, DOS Wolf3D has this easter egg as well - I think it's only supposed to happen the one time, but I wonder if something isn't getting unset when it happens.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

According to the Wolfenstein wiki, on all secret levels the enemies have a 1 in 256 (0.390625%) chance to produce a fart sound instead of the regular death sound. So either it's a bug or he got really, really lucky :P
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Updated with some improved sprites and walls.

Known issues: Most shaded walls don't convert well to the Wolf3D palette and neither does a lot of the sprites.
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

Here's a wolf3d palettable hd mutant for this. I assumed he was a problem using the mac palette.
Attachments
mutantHD2.zip
(137.04 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Yeah, it does not convert well to the PC palette.

Nice edit, not only more PC wolf compatible but also more faithful to the mutants original appearance.
spiffythedog

Post by spiffythedog »

Would someone be able to re-upload Nautilus' remastered Wolf3d soundtrack? I keep getting an HTTP ERROR 406 every time I try the mediafire link. Fantastic work, btw.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”