[HUD] SBAR+ 1.2

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
EffinghamHuffnagel

Re: Gifty's Small Autoload Goodies (hud 1.1)

Post by EffinghamHuffnagel »

Your 1.1 version still has the SBARINFO keyslot defined as '4 && 7' and not '1 && 4'. The Smooth version is correct.
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

The little things are what makes it awesome. Thank you, Gifty.

However, if you're going to include custom music in the episodic file, you better find some MIDIs that are worth a damn to the songs they are based on - good stuff is located here.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

EffinghamHuffnagel wrote:Your 1.1 version still has the SBARINFO keyslot defined as '4 && 7' and not '1 && 4'. The Smooth version is correct.
Damn it; Mediafire is a little twitchy about updating files sometimes. It's fixed for real now, thanks again. :P

Also yeah, I just took the music out of D2episodic, that was something just for me and I forgot to remove it 'cause I'm a goober. I've also reupped both episodic files as WADs so they'll be easier to autoload.
Average

Post by Average »

Mediafire seems to be down just now so I can't try out the newer version but D2episodic seems to clash with other menu entries. I'm using the No Rest wad and Master Levels wad and both entries are absent from the chapter menu. Is there a way to make it compatible, at all? :)
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

You'd probably have to change the NRFTL/Master Levels to be episodes 4 and 5, it should be a simple enough edit.
baubb

Post by baubb »

Very nice. I always preferred Doom 1's episode style over Doom II's continuous style.
patrik

Post by patrik »

Nice little extra for Doom 2 and Plutonia. :-) If I may suggest names for episodes of upcoming TNT episoder, it would be:
EPISODE 1 - UNETHICAL EXPERIMENTS
EPISODE 2 - NIGHT OPS
EPISODE 3 - ROAD TO HELL

Also, sorry for bit offtopic, but if anybody is interested, I recommend for Heretic mod that adds selectable 6th episode (with those 3 quasi hidden levels) Fate's Path. It is here: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=29011 < link from there is dead by now
Last edited by patrik on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Average

Post by Average »

^
@Patrik: Do you have a working link for the Fate's Path patch? The link in the original post is dead now... :)
patrik

Post by patrik »

I couldnt find alternate link to it, but fortunately I have it in its original form to share it with you. So here you are:
heretep6.zip
(626 Bytes) Downloaded 135 times
Sorry Gifty, for derailing your thread so much. :oops:
Average

Post by Average »

^
Thank you.

Thread resumes... :P
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

No problem; I'll probably download it myself when I buy Heretic. :P
Gifty

Re: [HUD] SBAR+ 1.2 (now with skins! and some other stuff)

Post by Gifty »

Howdy! I was just replaying Plutonia 2 and thought it would be cool if I could have level stats on the custom PL2 hud, so I did up a version of SBAR+ for both the Plutonia and PSX status bars for fun. I've also improved some of the alignments on the original hud and reformatted the original post. The Doom 2 episodic PWAD is still up there, but the thread is more HUD-centric now.
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Dumb question, is the smooth version based on the quicker (v1) or the slower, more realistic (v2) blinking of Blinkmod?
Average

Post by Average »

I wonder would you consider making a version for 4:3 displays that replaces the small ammo display with the levels stats? I've tried doing it myself but I just end up with a static image (I'm rubbish at such things!).

No worries if you can't be bothered. :)
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

@Glaice: not sure; the whole blinking thing was presented to me by OnslaughtSix, and I'm not sure what version of the blinkmod he derived it from.

@Average: I think that would be a good idea, I feel guilty alienating the 4:3 crowd as I remember how it was back when I had a square monitor and nothing was compatible with my aspect ratio. I'll try your idea!

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”