[HUD] SBAR+ 1.2

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gifty

[HUD] SBAR+ 1.2

Post by Gifty »

SBAR+ 1.2

A classic-style HUD based loosely on an SBARINFO edit Jpalomo once posted (in the autoload must-have thread), and NightFright's excellent wide SBAR graphics. Basically it's a slightly less huge status bar with an extra panel for level stats like kills, secrets, etc. so you can have the classic look, with level info, all without eating up 1/3 of your screen. Now in additional flavors! (Note: if combining with Smooth Doom, be sure to load this hud second)

:arrow: Status Bar+
:arrow: (Smooth Mugshot Version)

:arrow: PSX Bar+

:arrow: Plutonia Bar+

:arrow: No End In Sight Bar+

CREDITS:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Gifty on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Echelon5

Re: Gifty's Small Autoload Goodies

Post by Echelon5 »

The second one reminds me of a similar mod a few years back. I remember LOVING the episode names that the author came up with. I don't remember the first one, but episode 2 and 3 were "The Sinner's Road" and "By Inferno's Light" respectively. GOOSEBUMPS. Thanks for these, pretty neat.
Jaxxoon R

Post by Jaxxoon R »

Neat, I'm looking forward to using that HUD forever.
jpalomo

Post by jpalomo »

Gifty wrote: a simple HUD based loosely on an SBARINFO edit Jpalomo once posted (in the autoload must-have thread)
I don't even remember posting that. It must've been a long time ago. Still, i like it and I've added it to my autoloads.
Jaxxoon R

Post by Jaxxoon R »

Oh, just found out something rather nasty. Most anything with a custom HUD will conflict with the one you posted, so it's not really very viable for autoload.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

It sort of goes without saying that custom huds are necessarily going to clash because SBARINFO isn't a modular file; when you're autoloading anything it's kind of left to your discretion.

On that note, though, it super bugs me that the hud isn't compatible with Smooth Doom so at the very least I'll probably be putting up a compatibility version soon, and fixing some of the stat alignments.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

That stat bar looks pretty good. Personally I'd like it better if Health and Arms were swapped.

Better title for Doom 2 episode 3: "MAP28 Sucks". :P

(More seriously, I wonder if "Ground Zero" wouldn't sound better for E1?)
Rustygold

Post by Rustygold »

Huh, Just tried It out. I like the ending text screens, They really remind me of Doom 1. Another thing I like Is the music that you put In way to mix things up.
I'm defiantly gonna be using this mod alot from here on. One more thing Is I'm glad the campaign Is split Into three episodes really gives me a stoping point for when I get burned out on It and wanna play again some other time. Sooooo Danke.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Oh, haha, I forgot I left that music in there; I was trying to throw in some of Bobby's unused midis to cut down on track repetition (now that's a whole other project). I had meant to take it out, but whatevs.
NeuralStunner wrote:Better title for Doom 2 episode 3: "MAP28 Sucks". :P
"Look, Just Skip Nirvana" :P
NeuralStunner wrote:(More seriously, I wonder if "Ground Zero" wouldn't sound better for E1?)
I actually like that; I'm pretty happy with the D2 episode names, but I might use that for the Final Doom episodes, which should be posted soon.
Rustygold

Post by Rustygold »

Oh and I have some Ideas for the names you could use with TNT. Ep:1= Moonwalk, :P Ep:2= Space Rampage Or Space Rage, And Ep:3= Old Blood. Just some Ideas.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Here's the names of the episodes Ryan and I used when working on GSA:

Doom II: Hell on Earth:
Map01 -> Map06: Subterranean Starports
Map07 -> Map11: Hell's Outposts
Map12 -> Map20: Into the Cities
Map21 -> Map30: The Warped Core
Map31 -> Map32: Painful Memories Part I and II

TNT / Evilution:
Map01 -> Map06: Experiment Labs
Map07 -> Map11: UAC's Military Labs
Map12 -> Map20: Darkside of the Moon
Map21 -> Map30: Evilution Project
Map31 & Map32: Dimensional Gate Part I and II

Plutonia:
Map01 -> Map06: Earth Ruins
Map07 -> Map11: Deeper into the Ruins
Map12 -> Map20: Into the Depths of Hell
Map21 -> Map30: The Hiver Cluster
Map31 & Map32: Dimensional Gate Part I and II
Jaxxoon R

Post by Jaxxoon R »

Found a few bugs with the HUD: It doesn't show the red keycard tile if you pick one up, and if you pick up a red skullkey it will incorrectly display a red keycard.
Gez

Post by Gez »

100% official names for Doom II episodes:
Episode 1: "The Space Station" (MAP01)
Episode 2: "The City" (MAP12)
Episode 3: "Hell" (MAP21)

Yeah, not particularly witty, humorous, or imaginative. But official! :P
EffinghamHuffnagel

Post by EffinghamHuffnagel »

So I downloaded your HUD and tried it. Nice work! It's a little thing, but it's nice to have Kills, Items and Secrets right there on the HUD instead of having to go to the automap all the time. The Standard Grey wasn't doing it for me, so I went about adapting it to the custom HUD I use. When I finished all my editing, I found some problems. Jaxxoon mentioned two; it conflicts with any wad that uses a custom HUD (most likely megawads and big projects), and the Red Card/Skull Key error.

Doom only uses the last SBARINFO found, so I think you just have to make sure your HUD is loaded last. You should probably include STARMS and all the number/percent graphics in the wad to make it as self-contained as possible.

The Red Key error was minor. You defined the keyslot as '4 && 7' instead of '1 && 4'.

The other issues took a little longer to address. One of the first maps I played was a slaughtermap with 1500 monsters. Your HUD maxes out at 999. I re-edited my HUD to allow for four numbers in the Kills fields so it wouldn't over-write the divider graphic and changed the 3 to a 4 in the SBARINFO. In doing that I realized the Ammo fields in Doom were originally set up with enough space to allow for four numbers, too. Don't know if id was originally thinking of thousands of rounds of ammo or what.

I had just watched "To Hell and Back", the Audie Murphy story, where at the end he jumps on a burning tank and uses the tank's machine gun to shoot down dozens and dozens of German soldiers (obviously, the machine gun was set for Infinite Ammo). I like the image of mowing down an army of charging Demons with bullets until your Chaingun melts, so I upped the maximum standard allowable ammo to 9999 (just changed 3's to 4's) for mod makers who want to go that high. I also stretched the Ammo field to make room for 4 numbers.

The other issue was centering. Your additions are on the right side of the HUD and make it off-center. Anyone using it in 4:3 video mode (800 x 600) or 5:4 video mode (1280 x 1024) would have the HUD cut off on the right but have an open space on the left side of the HUD. So I moved everything over to the left. The mugshot is no longer centered, but the HUD now fits perfectly on-screen at 800x600 on my monitor. I didn't test the STBARZ. I hope I got that one right, too. I'm guessing the HUD entry in the wad is a compiled version of the SBARINFO, but I don't recognize it or what port it's for, so I didn't touch it.

I've included my edited HUD and graphics (the originals of which I did not create; I just don't remember the wad I grabbed them from 10 years ago) and the edited SBARINFO.

Thank you for doing this.

Edit: I just realized I probably shouldn't have attached the file here. Here is the same file at Mediafire.

SbarPlusPlusPlus.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/37cd7 ... usPlus.zip

Edit2: There's actually one more minor issue, but I'm not sure it's fixable without some scripting. In Deathmatch, when you pick up re-spawned items, it adds to your HUD total Items found, but not to the total Items available, so eventually you'll have like 35 items found out of 9 possible. Fixing that would require adding the same code used by the Icon of Sin when it spawns monsters or an AV when it resurrects, I think.
Gifty

Re: Gifty's Small Autoload Goodies (hud 1.1)

Post by Gifty »

Wow, nice! Also, yeah, that red keycard thing was a silly mistake that I fixed and then somehow forgot to upload. I put up a fixed version and a smooth mugshot version for use with Smooth Doom, or for those who just like the improved mugshot. I also put up an episodic mod for Plutonia!

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”