[WIP] EGA Hexen

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: EGA Hexen (Palette/Colormap mod)

Postby ImpieTwo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:40 pm

Gez wrote:I think Hexen's art style is too gritty and busy to work well with EGA; you'd need to simplify the graphics a lot to make them look more like pixel art.

black-thrones wrote:@Enjay:
I'll have some textures/sprites/graphics edited when I have time.

Could you simplify the Hexen palette before conversion to EGA? That might be easier than going in and changing all the graphics. Say reducing the total shades of every color to 3 in a way that works universally (3 universal shades of green, 3 of brown, etc).
ImpieTwo
Banned User

Re: [WIP] EGA Hexen

Postby leileilol » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:01 am

egahex.png

:shrug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
leileilol
フォニュエール!!!!!!!!!!

Postby HorrorMovieRei » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:54 am

^That almost looked like text-mode for a second there.
HorrorMovieRei

Postby Ribo Zurai » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:15 pm

Looks like if it was emulated in a Nokia 3340 with an extra color in the pallete.
Ribo Zurai

Postby armymen12002003 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:24 pm

Gotta agree with everyone here look butt ugly which i never liked EGA Graphics anyway would always give me a headache.
armymen12002003
Feel THIS, demon!

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Previous

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches