Heretic Music Remaster

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Xeotroid
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Heretic Music Remaster

Post by Xeotroid »

!!ATTENTION!! ALL MY MUSIC PROJECTS HAVE MOVED TO ONE THREAD, IF THERE ARE ANY UPDATES, YOU CAN FIND THEM THERE!! This thread is no longer being updated (well, it never was but whatever)

After Hexen and Strife, I present to you...

This one took way less time than I imagined, but here it is!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Listen to it on YouTube here:

Timestamps are in video description.
NOTE: Menu Screen music got cut off because Sony Vegas decided to screw with me. It's fine in downloadable packs!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This remaster comes in number of varieties.
For playing in-game: For listening purposes in a player, on phone etc.: Every link goes to my Dropbox.

Should be compatible with any source port that supports Ogg Vorbis (.ogg files). If a source port of your choice doesn't support it, it's time to change it. :D

Any comment is appreciated, please write what you liked / hated about this thing! Thanks. ;)
Last edited by Xeotroid on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cannibal92

Re: Heretic Music Remaster

Post by Cannibal92 »

10/10 I Love the Guitar Sound!
EffinghamHuffnagel

Post by EffinghamHuffnagel »

Very nice! The only one that bothered me was E2M4. The vocal sliding around into the notes for the first 30 seconds made me laugh. It sounded like a cross between a warning siren and Cissy Houston's obbligato on the famous Elvis laughing version of "Are You Lonesome Tonight?", where he cracked up and couldn't keep singing.
cem26

Post by cem26 »

doom sountrack?
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

cem26 wrote:doom sountrack?
Maybe the ambient tracks and those that aren't 100% distorted guitar, there are lots of covers of the purely metal ones (E1M1, E1M4 etc.) and they sound way better.

Also, I want to make a new version of the Hexen soundtrack, to be released on the game's 20th anniversary.
EffinghamHuffnagel

Post by EffinghamHuffnagel »

Forgot to ask: are you going to be re-doing the Heretic SFX the way you did for Hexen?
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

EffinghamHuffnagel wrote:Forgot to ask: are you going to be re-doing the Heretic SFX the way you did for Hexen?
Probably, however I want to do one for Strife, first. (hype intensifies)
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by NeuralStunner »

cem26 wrote:doom sountrack?
There are 50,000 of them already, (thoguh to be fair most of them are reverb-heavy junk,) so it's rather surprising to see one surface for something else.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

I liked your Hexen and Strife soundtracks so it's nice to see you made a remaster for Heretic too. :)
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Well, this sure is nice!
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by armymen12002003 »

ooo cool been looking for a good quality remastered music for heretic good job

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”