[RELEASED] Strife Music Remaster

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Xeotroid
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [RELEASED] Strife Music Remaster

Post by Xeotroid »

Flynn Taggart wrote:You may want to update the Veteran Edition version of the music with this link instead now, I migrated from Mediafire to a new Dropbox relatively recently.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0urxdvg2jovp ... g.zip?dl=0
Updated. I noticed, though, that it uses converted music from the listening version where D_HAPPY and D_END is mixed so there is sad music when getting the good end. Also, D_TRIBAL is a soundcard recording from the original Veteran Edition while my version is called just TRIBAL.
TheUnbeholden

Post by TheUnbeholden »

Awesome, Strife is shaping up to be something special. To me the most important parts that needed fixing is probably the sound and story.
Xeotroid
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Xeotroid »

I'm working on something big, very similar to my Hexen SFX Remaster, but probably bigger, so the sound effects part is covered. I also have an update for this music cover / remaster (really? I was calling those remasters the whole time?) that edits or remakes some tracks but mainly, every tracks is in high quality, not in the garbage 128 Kb/s bitrate. I also played a little with some Icarus: AV music...
What's wrong with the story, though? I really liked it, especially on Doom engine. It could be longer though and the ending was too quick - (SPOILER ALERT FOR STRIFE AND HALF-LIFE) what happened afterwards and with the rest of the Order? Surely the whole story couldn't take place just in an area of a few squared kilometers, how about the other side of the freaking planet? Also, which ending is officially canon? Since there is no official sequel, we can't be sure which ending actually happened. It's like Half-Life - before HL2, people could speculate that Gordon died because he didn't jump into the portal.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”