[Release] Brutal Doom Voxel Patch 3.2.1 (Updated 01/22/2016)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
zedas

Re: [Release] Brutal Doom Voxel Patch 3.1 (Updated 01/09/201

Post by zedas »

Skrell wrote:
zedas wrote: This was my load order for testing:
[doom.doom2.commercial.Autoload]
Path=lights.pk3
Path=brightmaps.pk3
Path=Addon\DoomMetalVol4.wad
Path=Addon\BP V8.pk3
Path=Addon\BD_Voxel_Patch.pk3

Apart from all that stuff, I'm not sure what to tell you. :?
I tried EXACTLY the order and mods you have listed here and it did not work. What version of GzDoom are you using? Also, i'm wondering if the version of my doom2.wad is causing it. What version of doom2.wad are you using this with?
I see you're using 1.8.10. I haven't used that in awhile. That's the final version of that branch I think. 2.0.0.5 is the latest stable version. I'm using the January development build myself. If you look in that starter pack thing that was uploaded for brutal doom at moddb, Sargeant MarkIV was using a December development build to release with. So, I'd say first you want to get a newer version of GZDoom. The link is on the first page of this thread under Necessary components.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

zedas wrote: I see you're using 1.8.10. I haven't used that in awhile. That's the final version of that branch I think. 2.0.0.5 is the latest stable version. I'm using the January development build myself. If you look in that starter pack thing that was uploaded for brutal doom at moddb, Sargeant MarkIV was using a December development build to release with. So, I'd say first you want to get a newer version of GZDoom. The link is on the first page of this thread under Necessary components.
Ok so I just tried the latest gzdoom and got the exact same problem. This MUST be related to my doom2 wad. I BELIEVE i'm using the ultimate doom version of doom2 but not really sure. Can you please post your MD5 for doom2.wad ? Mine is 30e3c2d0350b67bfbf47271970b74b2f
zedas

Post by zedas »

Skrell wrote:
zedas wrote: I see you're using 1.8.10. I haven't used that in awhile. That's the final version of that branch I think. 2.0.0.5 is the latest stable version. I'm using the January development build myself. If you look in that starter pack thing that was uploaded for brutal doom at moddb, Sargeant MarkIV was using a December development build to release with. So, I'd say first you want to get a newer version of GZDoom. The link is on the first page of this thread under Necessary components.
Ok so I just tried the latest gzdoom and got the exact same problem. This MUST be related to my doom2 wad. I BELIEVE i'm using the ultimate doom version of doom2 but not really sure. Can you please post your MD5 for doom2.wad ? Mine is 30e3c2d0350b67bfbf47271970b74b2f
I'm not sure how to look at the checksum, but by my filesize I have the 1.9 version Wiki entry on WADs
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

@Skrell
Your doom2.wad is extremely outdated. You have 1.666. There's an IWAD updater somewhere, you should be able to find it.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

phantombeta wrote:@Skrell
Your doom2.wad is extremely outdated. You have 1.666. There's an IWAD updater somewhere, you should be able to find it.
Thank you! I will try to remedy this!
zedas

Post by zedas »

I'll be pushing an update soon for the Brutal Doom Voxel Patch and the vanilla patch. Not a very big one, but I think they are some nice touches.

Preview Collage
Spoiler:
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

zedas wrote:I'll be pushing an update soon for the Brutal Doom Voxel Patch and the vanilla patch. Not a very big one, but I think they are some nice touches.
Spoiler:
Can't wait!!!!! BTW i FINALLY got everything working!
Fandango

Re: [Release] Brutal Doom Voxel Patch 3.2 (Updated 01/16/201

Post by Fandango »

Thanks for your work on this. Unfortunately the voxel switches only appear in the map test level. Am using BFG wads with only Brutal Doom V20b and Voxel Patch 3.2. Tried with Dos wads also.
zedas

Re: [Release] Brutal Doom Voxel Patch 3.2 (Updated 01/16/201

Post by zedas »

Fandango wrote:Thanks for your work on this. Unfortunately the voxel switches only appear in the map test level. Am using BFG wads with only Brutal Doom V20b and Voxel Patch 3.2. Tried with Dos wads also.
The voxel switches are just there as an example of what's possible. Currently implementing them on the maps isn't possible in an easy non-hacky way. My hope would be that someday the guys that make GZdoom/Zdoom will add in a feature that lets you to assign a voxel to wall textures and flats with offsets, scale and rotation. The same way you can now define voxels for sprites. I can think of some really neat stuff I could do with that ability. Until then example switches is what they will remain. :(
zedas

Re: [Release] Brutal Doom Voxel Patch 3.2.1 (Updated 01/22/2

Post by zedas »

Minor Update: Ultimate Doom Visor was updated making the extra patch redundant. The UDV files have been merged into the main patch.
I also created voxels for the Ultimate Doom Visor HEV suits.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

zedas wrote:Minor Update: Ultimate Doom Visor was updated making the extra patch redundant. The UDV files have been merged into the main patch.
I also created voxels for the Ultimate Doom Visor HEV suits.
Looks awesome!! How about voxel trees? :-)
Niga619

Post by Niga619 »

ty for the updates keep up the awesome and brutal work
zedas

Post by zedas »

Experiments in "bright mapped" voxels. Why? Because I hate myself apparently. Not pictured: They're also animated. :cry: If anyone reads this and knows a good way to get rid of a spawned actor when the actor that spawned it is removed and not before, that'd be real handy to know. I could use a pointer in the right direction. Edit: I think I've got the problem solved.
Last edited by zedas on Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

zedas wrote: Because I hate myself apparently.
If its any consolation we don't hate you, and we appreciate your work to boot! :D
PaskaTykki

Post by PaskaTykki »

I like this project. Can you add Rocket Launcher shell casing?

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”