HXRTC HUD 7.0 (for Doom, Smooth Doom, BD v20b, PB and more)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
cotton_disciple

Re: HXRTC HUD 7.0 (for Doom, Smooth Doom, BD v20b, PB and mo

Post by cotton_disciple »

orbittwz wrote:Hey!
Long time i didn't post here...
Quick bug notice, in version 8, when i look at the automap, there's no labels whatsoever...
Means, when those options are turned on, i don't see labels.
Cotton, can you look onto this please?
Thanks
Spoiler:
no labels of level name, number, and level info like monsters, items, secrets, etc
fixed
James Flasch

Post by James Flasch »

Just a couple of things - first, the demon keys don't display in this HUD in any form in Doom 64 Retribution, and they really should. Second, is this hud going to be fully compatible with Heretic & Hexen (ie. have an inventory component)? And, is there any way to display the level name & number in the HUD?
user19284

Post by user19284 »

James Flasch wrote:Just a couple of things - first, the demon keys don't display in this HUD in any form in Doom 64 Retribution, and they really should. Second, is this hud going to be fully compatible with Heretic & Hexen (ie. have an inventory component)? And, is there any way to display the level name & number in the HUD?
Hey!
The problem you mentioned is fixed in the v8.0b version of the HUD
The level name and number + all info (kills/items/secrets) are displayed correctly in the automap view.

Enjoy!
James Flasch

Post by James Flasch »

version 8.0b is what I have! (And as for the level name display - I was thinking of the main HUD.)
user19284

Post by user19284 »

James Flasch wrote:version 8.0b is what I have! (And as for the level name display - I was thinking of the main HUD.)
oh, you want the level name and number on the main HUD display??
why?
James Flasch

Post by James Flasch »

Because I saw screenshots of an earlier version of the HUD (for a MOD - I'm not sure which, now, nor am I sure which thread had the screenshot) with the level name and number displayed on the main HUD [above the health / armor meters] and managed to duplicate that on the main version at that time and took a liking to that arrangement. I have duplicated that on some later versions of the HUD, but cannot on the latest one.

As to my other questions, the first screenshot attached to this post was taken while playing Heretic with the latest GZDoom and HXRTC 8.0b. As can be seen, the only inventory-wise on the HUD is the Doom power-up display in upper right. Heretic's inventory is supposed to come up when I hit "]" or "[", but does not appear at all with HXRTC 8.0b. The other two (taken in the Test Facility level; you can see a respawned cyan demon key in the background) illustrate the absence of the demon keys (or artifacts, whichever you call them) in the Doom64 Retribution mod. The three beams from the unmaker show that I have them, but they won't show in the main HUD or the automap HUD.
Attachments
Screenshot_Heretic_20170812_230821.png
Screenshot_Doom_20170813_154053.png
Screenshot_Doom_20170813_154058.png
cotton_disciple

James Flasch wrote:
Spoiler:
1. i need to make font by myself for that (i'm too lazy)
2. it doesn't supposed to work with hexen/heretic
3. seems like that keys aren't defined as keys(inventory type)

I'll look into it in september, since i'm not in city
user19284

Post by user19284 »

Hey Cotton!
Having fun with the HUD but alas, i found another bug!
Sometimes when i look, the health bar number and color disappear... until it changes for better or worse, it stays this way.
It's rare but it happens... (i need to take a snapshot later)
Can you look?
Thanks

EDIT1: WOW, i really caught it on time, thought i lost it!
here you go... legit snapshot of the bug in action...
EDIT2: seems like only the number doesn't show, maybe the bar too... but number disappeared

EDIT3: also the armor number is disappeared sometimes, so it's both health and armor numbers that are bugged!
Last edited by wildweasel on Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Imgur embed to be less huge.
cotton_disciple

Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

For some reason loading the 8.0 version of the HUD does nothing. Tried a Git build and stable and neither loaded it.
user19284

Post by user19284 »

try renaming the file, remove the letter "c" and enter it again, then try again
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Oh that worked. Always find some mod that's named in a very specific way that won't load because of it. Why exactly does this happen? What are the rules to this?
user19284

Post by user19284 »

Someone64 wrote:Oh that worked. Always find some mod that's named in a very specific way that won't load because of it. Why exactly does this happen? What are the rules to this?
don't know, it happened just once with the 8.0c update, probably the character "C" isn't C in the text editor, because of the encoding saved in different format.
i checked the filename again and decided to rename it, worked fine now.
enjoy!
cotton_disciple

orbittwz wrote: don't know, it happened just once with the 8.0c update, probably the character "C" isn't C in the text editor, because of the encoding saved in different format.
i checked the filename again and decided to rename it, worked fine now.
enjoy!
yes, my fault, forgot to switch language...

fixed.
doomguy214

Bug with insanity brutality with my patch & hxtrc hud 8.0c

Post by doomguy214 »

Bug with insanity brutality with my patch & hxtrc hud 8.0c hell on earth starter pack level 4 crashes it crashes after pickup red key without any error plz help is possible mods loaded here
https://mega.nz/#F!8OwTjaaA!tdksEDYBUnZD7Ua7iU4ptw

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”