HXRTC HUD 7.0 (for Doom, Smooth Doom, BD v20b, PB and more)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HXRTC HUD 1.2 (for classic Doom and more)

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

Yes, now I can play "classic" Doom my way with this hud :D (yes i cant play classic doom anymore, it has to be smooth) thanks so much for that!

And I hate to ask again, but the final version of Quaker's Brutal mod was released in the comment section of his mod page. Will you update the hud for that? Currently no huds work for that mod. If not, thats fine too :)

EDIT: Okay, you replied to me on my post. Guess I should've checked that first :P sorry
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Really well done HUD, i like it :D
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

mamaluigisbagel wrote:And I hate to ask again, but the final version of Quaker's Brutal mod was released in the comment section of his mod page. Will you update the hud for that? Currently no huds work for that mod. If not, thats fine too :)

EDIT: Okay, you replied to me on my post. Guess I should've checked that first :P sorry
Don't worry, as I also said to you in the other site, the Quaker's Mod v18 will have for sure its own version of HXRTC HUD, like Brutal Doom v20! I'll post it as soon as I have it finished and 100% working... :wink:
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

did you get the mod in time? I just realized he deleted his post that had the download in it -_-
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Greetings people, I've just opened a new poll to know your opinions... Meanwhile official Brutal Doom v20 is still being cooked, and seeing lately the popularity of Johnny's Brutal Doom J, I would like to know if you want me to make a dedicated HUD version for this BD custom edition...

Waiting for your answers, but don't forget any other suggestions are also welcome, just post right down here... :wink:
Howlin' Mad Murphy

Post by Howlin' Mad Murphy »

I'm having trouble getting this to work with Smooth Doom. I load the base .wad for the HUD, the one for compatibility with Smooth Doom, and Smooth Doom itself, yet all I get in game is the default GZDoom HUD.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Howlin' Mad Murphy wrote:I'm having trouble getting this to work with Smooth Doom. I load the base .wad for the HUD, the one for compatibility with Smooth Doom, and Smooth Doom itself, yet all I get in game is the default GZDoom HUD.
Hi, did you set in GZDoom's Display Options a screensize of 11 and turn off the alternative HUD?

If answer is 'yes', please try loading the HUD pk3 file in last place. The loading file order in almost cases is very important.
Hexereticdoom

Re: [NEW VERSION FOR BDv20!!!] HXRTC HUD for classic Doom &

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi there Doomguys! I've finally released a new version of the HXRTC HUD, for exclusive use with Brutal Doom v20. You can access to download link at first post, check a fresh screenshot of it...

By the way, just announce the previous poll is closed, Brutal Doom J will have also it's own HXRTC HUD version, it's just on the way! I'll keep you informed as usual... :wink:

Enjoy it and keep having nice doomdreams! 8-)
FreddBoy
Location: Wales. You know, where the men are men, and the sheep are scared.

Post by FreddBoy »

Hexereticdoom you are the FUCKING HYPE G MAN for releasing this for BDv20, now I have a nice clean HUD again!
cotton_disciple

Post by cotton_disciple »

Moved here
Spoiler: outdated
Last edited by cotton_disciple on Wed May 27, 2020 9:17 am, edited 112 times in total.
PA1NKI113R

Post by PA1NKI113R »

cotton_disciple wrote:hi,
i've made version for Project Brutality
hope i can do that xD

Added:
  • 1) Throwables panel
    2) New ammos
Known issues:
  • - Laser guidance system on rocket launcher doesnt work
Spoiler: Pics
To fix the rocket launcher laser guided system, go into this HUD file's decorate file and change the SpawinID's to something like 249 or something that's not 255, 254, or 253.
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

Ey cotton_disciple, have you plans updating your HUD to the new version of Project Brutality (November 26th)? I really like the HUD style of Hexereticdoom for PB.
cotton_disciple

Post by cotton_disciple »

Exeor wrote:Ey cotton_disciple, have you plans updating your HUD to the new version of Project Brutality (November 26th)? I really like the HUD style of Hexereticdoom for PB.
hey,
there's problem with demonmorphrune
it uses nightvision's icon because demonmorphrune uses nightvision base (u saw that screen turns red. dont u? xD)
i dont know how to fix
but i can replace nightvision's icon
other features working well
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

cotton_disciple wrote:
Exeor wrote:Ey cotton_disciple, have you plans updating your HUD to the new version of Project Brutality (November 26th)? I really like the HUD style of Hexereticdoom for PB.
hey,
there's problem with demonmorphrune
it uses nightvision's icon because demonmorphrune uses nightvision base (u saw that screen turns red. dont u? xD)
i dont know how to fix
but i can replace nightvision's icon
other features working well
I checked it in a few maps and works perfectly, thank you!
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

While I was playing Freedom.wad with Project Brutality I got an invisibility sphere (blursphere) from a dead Spectre. I have noticed that there isn't countdown or icon for that item in the HUD, is it possible to add it or does it use the nightvision base code too? (no idea about Doom code, sorry)

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”