HXRTC HUD 7.0 (for Doom, Smooth Doom, BD v20b, PB and more)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
cotton_disciple

Re: HXRTC HUD 7.0 (for Doom, Smooth Doom, BD v20b, PB and mo

Post by cotton_disciple »

MurdocIsANob wrote:is this compatible with the current github build of project brutality?
if you have github build of pb, that means you have access to its discord server. check pinned messages in #community_addons
CrazyReese
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CrazyReese »

MurdocIsANob wrote:is this compatible with the current github build of project brutality?
I got this error when using PB HXRTCHUD v8.2. Guess it's still need to be updated, or something wrong with my GZ or DLauncher.

Script error, "HXRTCHUD-PB3_v8.2.pk3:hxhud.zsc" line 301:
Unknown class name 'IsPlayingAsTraditional' of type 'Inventory'
Script error, "HXRTCHUD-PB3_v8.2.pk3:hxhud.zsc" line 328:
Unknown class name 'IsPlayingAsTraditional' of type 'Inventory'
Script error, "HXRTCHUD-PB3_v8.2.pk3:hxhud.zsc" line 400:
Unknown identifier 'tradmode'
Script error, "HXRTCHUD-PB3_v8.2.pk3:hxhud.zsc" line 467:
Unknown class name 'EquippedNailRounds' of type 'Inventory'
Script error, "HXRTCHUD-PB3_v8.2.pk3:hxhud.zsc" line 672:
Unknown class name 'FreezerPistolAmmo' of type 'Inventory'
Script error, "HXRTCHUD-PB3_v8.2.pk3:hxhud.zsc" line 673:
Script error, "HXRTCHUD-PB3_v8.2.pk3:hxhud.zsc" line 673:
Script error, "HXRTCHUD-PB3_v8.2.pk3:hxhud.zsc" line 817:
Unknown class name 'traditional_pistol' of type 'Weapon'

Execution could not continue.

8 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts
cotton_disciple

Post by cotton_disciple »

pb version moved here and rtfm
Adamast0r
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Adamast0r »

Is it possible to get a version for vanilla/ vanilla-like gameplay that's updated and has an option menu? The Version for classic Doom I got, 7.0, in in PK7 format, and it doesn't have any of the options that you see on the PB version, such as individual power-up bars on a color change on 100% KIS.
It'd be really great to expand that to other kinds of gameplay.
Delfino Furioso

Post by Delfino Furioso »

hello everyone,
sorry for the bump but I've been toying with this hud lately and now that I'm done I've figured out I should probably share the results

I was looking for a stylish/modern-looking hud to use when playing BDLite by DavidN and found no suitable candidates
(there's ncHUD but that's not quite my jam)

so I've taken the old trusty HXRTCHUD 7.0 for classic doom and made some edits:
1) corrected all weapon and ammo classes' names in the sbarinfo lump, to match those created by DavidN
2) added lumps for the new weapons' sprites and the new ammo types' texts
3) extended the ammo tally panel to accomodate for both new ammo types (flak & grenades)
4) revised the layout of all bottom-right panels (current weapon/ammo panel, ammo tally panel, arms bar, keys bar)
5) changed the "resolution" section in sbarinfo in order to let the hud to play nice with gzdoom's scaling options

I was pleased with the results, so I went on and applied edits #4 and #5 also to the "classic weaponset" variant of hxrtchud

credits:
to all original authors mentioned in HXRTCHUD's readme
to DavidN for his spritework in BDLite

downloads:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pwt5039z ... c.zip/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/l0ba004f ... e.zip/file

preview:

irukanjji

Post by irukanjji »

Hi Hexereticdoom, i like a lot this HUD addon, any chances to do the same for Heretic/Hexen iwads ?
UTNerd24

Post by UTNerd24 »

I hate to be that guy, but I feel like the HUD could be scaled even further. It's a great hud with all the info I need without needing to use Alt hud, but I feel like it's just a teeny bit too small. I can imagine anyone who has a resolution beyond 1920x1080 might have a similar issue.

But other than that, I have literally no complaints. I've been looking for a hud with percentages as bars for a long time. Yeah I know it's been around for a while, but I never knew there was a standalone version lol.
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

Compatability for LitDoom would be sweet
AMR42
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AMR42 »

Use HUD_SCALE (number) in the console.
UTNerd24 wrote:I hate to be that guy, but I feel like the HUD could be scaled even further. It's a great hud with all the info I need without needing to use Alt hud, but I feel like it's just a teeny bit too small. I can imagine anyone who has a resolution beyond 1920x1080 might have a similar issue.

But other than that, I have literally no complaints. I've been looking for a hud with percentages as bars for a long time. Yeah I know it's been around for a while, but I never knew there was a standalone version lol.
Plasmazippo
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Plasmazippo »

Is there a way to make this HUD play nice with modified vanilla weapons? When I try to use it with any of PK's smooth weapon mods, I get this:

The "weapon sprite" field is empty, the "current weapon's ammo" field is totally missing, and the ammo counter doesn't light up for anything.

FWIW, NC HUD has no such issues.
FelesNoctis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by FelesNoctis »

Plasmazippo wrote:Is there a way to make this HUD play nice with modified vanilla weapons? When I try to use it with any of PK's smooth weapon mods, I get this:

The "weapon sprite" field is empty, the "current weapon's ammo" field is totally missing, and the ammo counter doesn't light up for anything.

NC HUD builds the hud using ZScripting, so it functions a bit differently. HXRTC HUD is more old-school, relying on SBARINFO and specifically defining weapons. HXRTC HUD also doesn't have a generic fallback set of declarations like "usesammo", so anything not explicitly defined doesn't appear correctly.

I'm hoping to get in contact with Hexereticdoom to see if it's ok to release an update to this for Brutal Doom Platinum (a couple of things are fussy), but I doubt it'd be too much of a jump to go from that to updates for other things as well. I love how clean and organized HXRTC Hud is.

EDIT:
Update on that, Hexereticdoom said it's just fine for anyone to update HXRTC HUD, provided they give credit for it. So I guess that's going to be my next project! :P
Plasmazippo
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Plasmazippo »

Please do, Feles, you'll be a massive credit to this thread :3:
ClessxAlghazanth

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

FelesNoctis wrote:
Plasmazippo wrote:Is there a way to make this HUD play nice with modified vanilla weapons? When I try to use it with any of PK's smooth weapon mods, I get this:

NC HUD builds the hud using ZScripting, so it functions a bit differently. HXRTC HUD is more old-school, relying on SBARINFO and specifically defining weapons. HXRTC HUD also doesn't have a generic fallback set of declarations like "usesammo", so anything not explicitly defined doesn't appear correctly.

I'm hoping to get in contact with Hexereticdoom to see if it's ok to release an update to this for Brutal Doom Platinum (a couple of things are fussy), but I doubt it'd be too much of a jump to go from that to updates for other things as well. I love how clean and organized HXRTC Hud is.

EDIT:
Update on that, Hexereticdoom said it's just fine for anyone to update HXRTC HUD, provided they give credit for it. So I guess that's going to be my next project! :P
Great news , pal , looking forward to it :wub:
FelesNoctis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by FelesNoctis »

Try the attached version out. This was a quick dirty edit I did last night to see if my initial theory was correct.
HXRTCHUD-Plat_v001a.pk3
Extremely alpha!
(41.58 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
This displays ammo counts for any lightly modified vanilla weapon as it's based off of the original ammo types (clip, shell, rocketammo, cell). It does have issues displaying the weapon icon in some circumstances, which from the brief testing I did with a few different mods seems like it may actually be a zDoom inheritance issue? The mods I'd looked at, none of them seemed to have replaced or re-declared the weapon icons in their definition blocks, but some weapons kept their icons while others lost it. I wasn't able to find a specific pattern that might have caused this at the time, but maybe somebody can fill me in.

For now, I have it printing the weapontag string in the box instead. It looks janky at the moment, but I'm currently working on building full fonts based off of what Hexereticdoom had built into the HUD already, and when that's done I'll swap out the current text for that and more carefully format it, as well as adding explicit support for the weapons that do this. It's meant to be a fallback, not a permanent solution!

This is the only issue I saw with PK's Smooth Weapons. Smooth Doom had a couple others doing the same thing, but otherwise the ammo counts all displayed correctly.

As for the rest of it, I intend on restructuring HXRTC much like what cotton_disciple did with his versions, but with the intent of adding in as much generalized support as possible so it Just Works™ without needing different versions. Also hopefully maintaining Zandronum support, but we'll have to see. :P
Last edited by FelesNoctis on Mon May 02, 2022 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
RubyEyeShabranigdu
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by RubyEyeShabranigdu »

Try the attached version out. This was a quick dirty edit I did last night to see if my initial theory was correct.
HXRTCHUD-Plat_v001a.pk3
Extremely alpha!

I like it! Looking forward for new updates!

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”