HXRTC HUD 7.0 (for Doom, Smooth Doom, BD v20b, PB and more)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
cotton_disciple

Re: [NEW VERSION FOR BDv20!!!] HXRTC HUD for classic Doom &

Post by cotton_disciple »

Exeor wrote:While I was playing Freedom.wad with Project Brutality I got an invisibility sphere (blursphere) from a dead Spectre. I have noticed that there isn't countdown or icon for that item in the HUD, is it possible to add it or does it use the nightvision base code too? (no idea about Doom code, sorry)
fixed.
but i dont know why icon doesnt work with some spheres xD
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

cotton_disciple wrote:
Exeor wrote:While I was playing Freedom.wad with Project Brutality I got an invisibility sphere (blursphere) from a dead Spectre. I have noticed that there isn't countdown or icon for that item in the HUD, is it possible to add it or does it use the nightvision base code too? (no idea about Doom code, sorry)
fixed.
Mmmh, that is weird because Hexereticdoom could add the blursphere as icon in the HUD, maybe the spheres code of PB is different? Image
cotton_disciple

Exeor wrote:
cotton_disciple wrote:
fixed.
Mmmh, that is weird because Hexereticdoom could add the blursphere as icon in the HUD, maybe the spheres code of PB is different?
fixed.
im just lazy to make it all at once
hope Hexereticdoom wont be angry
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

cotton_disciple wrote:
Exeor wrote:
cotton_disciple wrote: fixed.
Mmmh, that is weird because Hexereticdoom could add the blursphere as icon in the HUD, maybe the spheres code of PB is different?
fixed.
im just lazy to make it all at once
hope Hexereticdoom wont be angry
Of course I'm not angry! Au contraire, I'm glad to see diverse fan-modified versions of my HUD, that means it's becoming quite popular... :)

Anyways, I'm in the mood to preparing an update of the HUD to v4.0 branch... Meanwhile, enjoy everyone Cotton Disciple's HUD version! :thumb:

EDIT: Added a link to it in first post!
cotton_disciple

Hexereticdoom wrote: Of course I'm not angry! Au contraire, I'm glad to see diverse fan-modified versions of my HUD, that means it's becoming quite popular... :)

Anyways, I'm in the mood to preparing an update of the HUD to v4.0 branch... Meanwhile, enjoy everyone Cotton Disciple's HUD version! :thumb:

EDIT: Added a link to it in first post!
thanks mate!
there's link below (above from attachment xD) for brutal doom v20b
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

Thanks both for creating this HUD and making different versions for other Doom mods, I really love to use it :D
PD: I never noticed that Archviles in PB can spawn three differents spheres randomly until your new update, cotton.
Malek_Deneith

Post by Malek_Deneith »

Hi there.

I just downloaded Brutal Doom version of your hud but can't seem to get it to work, I'm getting this error:
Script error, "HXRTCHUD-BD20_V3.0.PK3:sbarinfo.txt" line 38:
Expected ';' but got ',' instead.
Using ZDoom 2.7.1, launching with ZDL 3.2.2.3 Beta in case that makes a difference.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Welcome to the forums! You'll find all the answers you need in this pinned thread: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=32845
wpninja

Post by wpninja »

Does the Project Brutality version come with the same life bar support that is in those screenshots? If not is there an extra wad I can use to get them? Also would you consider giving this hud some complex doom support?
cotton_disciple

wpninja wrote:Does the Project Brutality version come with the same life bar support that is in those screenshots? If not is there an extra wad I can use to get them? Also would you consider giving this hud some complex doom support?
about live bar: nope. its JPHUD HealthBar v2 by jpalomo
about complex doom support: im too lazy to learn ACS (needed to add checks for doom variations) to see 'em in action - open Ultimate Doom Visor in SLADE
renkoha

Post by renkoha »

all rigth i finally got time to try 3.2 version for pb, here is what i think about it

good points

icons for pb spheres
titles for weapons modes
added counter for he grenades
improved hmg counter
inventory icon
damage reduction factor for each kind of armor

not so good ones...

some weapons doesn't have mode titles i.e rocket launcer revenant's launchers, they could say normal, laser guided, for rl and rail, burst for rev launchers

inventory icon is nice but could use a label above it

there are apparently two empty boxes in spheres icons

the three boxes beneath duration bar doesn't look good, i'll recommend removing those three and make two rows of 4 boxes each, extend duration bar a bit and slighly move it left because final part seems to get cut off, this way you'll have only one empty box that can be filled by spliting googles/morphrune icon so no empty boxes are left

the double damage and double firerate icons are a bit confusing at first sight they would be better if they include "power" and "rate" words on the icons

damage reduction factor bar seems to have problems with firts bars when setting armor bonus as equipped armor

aside that i really like new feautures and want to thank the people working on this for the time and effor they invest into this, keep the good job, and hope you consider some of my recomendations in this comment
cotton_disciple

renkoha wrote: some weapons doesn't have mode titles i.e rocket launcer revenant's launchers, they could say normal, laser guided, for rl and rail, burst for rev launchers

the three boxes beneath duration bar doesn't look good, i'll recommend removing those three and make two rows of 4 boxes each, extend duration bar a bit and slighly move it left because final part seems to get cut off, this way you'll have only one empty box that can be filled by spliting googles/morphrune icon so no empty boxes are left
done. but its impossible (at least for me) to split nv/morphrune cause they using same powerup.type (lightamp)
renkoha wrote:inventory icon is nice but could use a label above it

the double damage and double firerate icons are a bit confusing at first sight they would be better if they include "power" and "rate" words on the icons
maybe someday

renkoha wrote:damage reduction factor bar seems to have problems with firts bars when setting armor bonus as equipped armor
its pb's problem. mentioned in hud's changelog
rileymartin

Post by rileymartin »

Is there a way/version of the classic mod to make the monster count show above 999 for them slaughtermaps?
cotton_disciple

rileymartin wrote:Is there a way/version of the classic mod to make the monster count show above 999 for them slaughtermaps?
check this
DoomBrutalGuy

Post by DoomBrutalGuy »

cotton_disciple, Thanks, you're the best and sore za etot angliski... там короче на седьмом слоте оружие которое замораживает и когда правую кнопку нажимаешь появляется пистолет в другой руке, а квадратика отображающего патроны к нему нет. Короче пили обнову, мы ждём с пацанами.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”