Hi-res Sprite Pack x24 / x16 for monsters

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
raymoohawk

Re: Hi-res Sprite Pack x24 / x16 for monsters

Post by raymoohawk »

nickelbawker maybe you should wait until s13n1 is done with his models, they look extremely good check them out down here

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-editin ... d-project/
mallo

Re: x24 Monster Sprite Pack (Maybe barrels and items)

Post by mallo »

Nickelbawker wrote:As for the other two people size and performance doesn't matter. We need to move forward with Hi-res in the areas of DooM that is missing it. Even the Hi-res world texture pack is barely better than PS2 gen graphics when you get close to the walls. We need to care less about performance and making it work on old rigs and focus on the future or DooM is never going to change. That is what I am going for.
So you prefer ultra-HD graphics (which actually look terrible on maps made in '93-'94) on like, 10fps instead of smooth gameplay? Are you playing Doom for action or to watch a slideshow? :lol:

Also, there is a reason all most of the "HD!!" projects that were made before ended up abandoned and unfinished. Over 2000 graphics is too much for "x8", not even starting about yours "x24".
TehRealSalt
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TehRealSalt »

If there's any resolution I want to see done, it's x2. It's easy (or at least, easier :P) to do and doesn't clash horribly against '94 maps. I remember some flats and walls in the Textures thread that were exactly what I was wishing for. Shame that he only intended to do those few...

Also, it's a little ridiculous when your using armor bonus sprites that are the size of a large texture in a modern game.
Peter Bark

Post by Peter Bark »

Spoiler:
I'd like to see something like this
Nickelbawker

Post by Nickelbawker »

Well the project kept going for awhile. I have a bigger version on my computer right now around 200mb, 343mb outside of the wad. But as with everything I've ever done it's not complete.

The two things I fought the hardest to keep this year are no longer with me. Everything I let slide including this project is still here and active. Also not a fan of all of those models however the pink hell knight looks okay.

The IMP and heavy weapons dude look really trolly / Super Wolfenstien HD remix indie game style. The rest look satisfactory although still not sure I like them over the originals.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”