Droplets - Updated 11/10/2018!

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Stuka

Re: Droplets - Updated 12/10/2016

Post by Stuka »

Great mod, I like the way the blood looks on the water.
Josh771

Re: Droplets - Updated 12/10/2016

Post by Josh771 »

Stuka wrote:Great mod, I like the way the blood looks on the water.
Thanks! :)

That can actually turn the game into a massive lag-fest if you get too much blood in the water. I've been thinking I might reduce the amount of fog it produces. Actually I need to go ahead and upload some little tweaks I've made now that I'm thinking about it...

EDIT: There, no more warnings when running droplets_v15_red.pk3 and only the largest blood droplets now produce blood fog in water - visually it doesn't even look like there's less fog, but performance has improved (especially for anyone playing with "Excessive" blood!).
Someone64

Re: Droplets - Updated 12/21/2016

Post by Someone64 »

Code: Select all

Script warning, "droplets_v15.pk3:decorate/droplets" line 1:
Tried to define class 'BloodDroplet' more than once. Renaming class to 'BloodDroplet@droplets_v15.pk3@decorate/droplets'
Attempt to get invalid state Cleanup from actor DecoDroplet.
Attempt to get invalid state Cleanup from actor DecoDrop3.    

I get this when running droplets after 20 monsters for some reason. Happens regardless of what version of GZDoom I'm using (aside from stable. But git versions from 2 months ago and onwards or possibly even further back cause this).
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

Just went for a romp in vanilla Doom with "Monsters Respawn" on in E1M1 and E2M2; no dice. What is your current load order? This could be a case of mod incompatibility.

Actually, that first warning seems to imply you've loaded more than one version of droplets at
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Code: Select all

-iwad "H:\Games\GZDoom\Doom2.wad" -file "H:\Games\GZDoom\Map wads\Megawads\20_Monsters_MapPack.pk3" "H:\Games\GZDoom\Universal mods\Droplets\droplets_v15.pk3" +set dmflags 8519680
(Vanilla Doom? As I said, I played it with the 20 monster map pack. The one recently released by Lud. It's the only thing that causes this.)

EDIT: Found the cause. The map does indeed have a conflict. Maybe you should name the stuff in droplets something less generic?
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

I didn't realize you meant the 20 monsters map pack before; I thought you were implying a warning after killing 20 or so monsters - which made very little sense. I'll have to download that map pack and try it out for myself.

I could have guessed that someone, somewhere, someday, would name an actor "BloodDroplet," but I seemed to have gotten away with it for years. I suppose I'll have to give the actors more unique, project-specific names in the future.
Josh771

Re: Droplets - Updated 12/28/2016

Post by Josh771 »

Alright, just for you Someone64 (and because I downloaded the 20 monster map pack and was probably equally disappointed): minor update today.

As far as I know, literally the only difference between this and previous releases is the newly named "BloodDrop1" actor, formerly named "BloodDroplet." :P I suppose if you're trying to play HD with the 20 monster map pack (I don't think that will work correctly with that whole inventory manipulation bit) then you'll just have to come poke me and get me to rename the actor for the HD compatibility release as well. :)
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Well, it was more of a heads up as I already used Notepad++'s search in files and replace feature which allows scanning an entire folder and subdirectories and even replacing the results. :P

I have a feature suggestion: allow manually changing the color of all blood. Sort of the like the red edition you have now except instead of having a red edition you can set the desired rgb values in the options for the blood color override.
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

Someone64 wrote:Well, it was more of a heads up as I already used Notepad++'s search in files and replace feature which allows scanning an entire folder and subdirectories and even replacing the results. :P

I have a feature suggestion: allow manually changing the color of all blood. Sort of the like the red edition you have now except instead of having a red edition you can set the desired rgb values in the options for the blood color override.
I'm not sure how I would do that... even if I manage it, it would only work for the default set of features. No wall decals. It's an interesting thought, though; I'm not sure how many applications that would have. I seem to remember some games that used to have gore settings would sometimes include a setting for "green" blood, stuff like that. I think UT2003 did that.

Mind if I ask what in particular you might use that for? A use case always yields more developer incentive than a simple request. ;)
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

You may want to look through your code soon, SidDoyle.

With the latest 2.3 pre build, on startup, the mod throws a metric ton of script warnings into the console regarding truncated fixed points.
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

I don't see how I missed that when I fixed the other truncated fixed point errors.

The warnings are mostly useless in this particular case: it just means the random angling of many splatter objects won't be as precise. I'm currently uploading a quick fix that replaces several uses of random() with frandom() to correct the problem. Just re-download the file in a few minutes and it should (hopefully) be silenced.

But that was only about 3 errors. You said there were a ton... maybe I should download the latest build.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Yeah, there's close to fifty of these.

Using the HD-friendly version btw.
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

Oh, that might be it. I haven't done much to HD compatibility code in a while, so I'll check it out in a second here.
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

Again, I had about 3 of them. There were a few in hd.pk7, but I haven't updated in a while so that's probably already fixed. Could you tell me where exactly it says these errors are in the code? I don't have them; maybe you need to re-download in a few minutes after I upload another fix (I kept missing 3 cases in the Ceiling blood decorate).
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

As for justification for the blood color settings, sometimes you'd want to adjust the color to fit the mod's sprites as the shade of red can sometimes look inconsistent. Another reason could just be for the hell of it though cuz' colors r fun n pretty (or like in some games, making it "PG"-but-not-really).

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”