Droplets - Updated 11/10/2018!

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Josh771

Re: Droplets - Updated 12/28/2016

Post by Josh771 »

Unfortunately, I don't think it's feasible. There is not a way that I know of to make translations out of CVars; but if there is, I'd be glad to add the feature with nifty little RGB sliders. The best hack I can imagine would involve re-drawing all blood graphics in the Doom palette's green range and somehow translating blood to the player's color (player 1's color), but I don't know if that's possible. Then you would also have to play as the same color of blood you wanted.

Perhaps that's an experiment for another day, but it would be impossible to add the feature "properly."
Josh771

Re: Droplets - Updated 01/04/2017

Post by Josh771 »

Bugfix update today! One of the ceiling droplet variants did not fade out over time, causing massive buildup of blood underneath some ceiling splatters.

In addition to that bugfix, I also have an experiment in graphics for you all to try out: droplets_spattered.pk3 can be loaded after droplets_v15.pk3 or droplets_v15_red.pk3 to modify blood splat artwork. The original droplet shapes now have lots of smaller flecks and spots of blood around them, giving it a more spattered, misted appearance. I don't know whether this is something people would like me to replace the default artwork with or not, so for now it is an optional "plugin."
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

After getting more and more pissed at Ketchup for screwing up my frame rate and messing with the garbage collector, thus causing crashes, I've started looking for alternatives. I knew about Droplets and decided to give it a try since I like my gameplay like I like my slaughter wads: FREAKING BLOODY!

Well, I have this to say: ...you win. You just win. Gotta love how each drop blends in perfectly with others, unlike Ketchup, which causes one heck of a z-fighting mess. 11/10.

Just one question. What seems to be the difference between the red version and the standard one? I can't seem to find any difference, or is there one only when playing games like Hexen or Heretic?

BTW, moved your thread to Graphic/Sound Patches since it's technically a graphic patch.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Red edition makes all blood red. By default droplets gives appropriate blood colors to enemies with different blood colors. Try playing colorful hell and watch as rainbow puke floods the level.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

Yep, translation works only for platted images. And I think only for images marked as "doom graphics" in slade.
Skellington25_

Post by Skellington25_ »

I'm currently having an issue here. I was hoping you'd be able to help me with.. I've used droplets for quite some time without issue (save for the occasional performance drop) but now the mod doesn't seem to be working properly. Blood is showing up on the walls, but not the floors and ceilings. Blood pools from dead enemies do show up, but the droplets themselves are non-existent. I've tried using droplets even entirely by itself with no other mods and nothing has changed. I've tried changing between mild, excessive, and normal as well as fiddling with other settings to no avail... Any tips?

EDIT: Figured it out. Silly mess up on my part. On another note, is there a chance we could get a smooth doom compatibility patch? Unfortunately if you load both only droplets menu will show up in options. I know there was a patch before, but it's vanished :(
Last edited by Skellington25_ on Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Played v15 with Square.
It was a silly experience.
Rozy

Post by Rozy »

I've been getting ever so slightly confused by the most recent version of this for a while. Is there some kinda feature that makes hits above a certain threshold fire out a few giblets? Because I notice that happening from time to time whenever I use this mod and I just poked around trying to see if there was code that caused that. I couldn't find anything but I know it definitely happened a fair bit when I hit low HP enemies with high damage weapons. Or just low hp enemies with anything like the various nonenemy npcs in Project Einherjar.

Just what does that? It's weird.

Edit: I found out what causes it with a fresh look. That's a pretty clever way to handle it.
BigBox141
Location: Some base over on Deimos, testing portal devices and stuff.

Post by BigBox141 »

What happened to the files? Deleted? In dev.? I'm fairly interested in seeing what this is like, and seeing how Nash's Camera Tilt++ addon also showed Droplets in action, I want to see how the blood pool looks by default. The addon looks kickass, don't let it go!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

BigBox141 wrote:What happened to the files? Deleted?
No, just Dropbox ending public folder support. The links will have to get recreated, but the files aren't necessarily "gone."
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

Latest versions are on archive.org.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/https://dl ... 41174992/*
BigBox141

Post by BigBox141 »

wildweasel wrote:
BigBox141 wrote:What happened to the files? Deleted?
No, just Dropbox ending public folder support. The links will have to get recreated, but the files aren't necessarily "gone."
Aight.
BigBox141

Post by BigBox141 »

wolfman wrote:Latest versions are on archive.org.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/https://dl ... 41174992/*
Thanks mate!
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Here's another external temporary mirror which contains v15 files and some older ones:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xa5dj773c ... d+Blood.7z
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Thanks, the original Dropbox links on the first post are broken, at least the original one is. OP should update them.

I can run this with my RDND mod with one minor issue: Gibbing the spectre produces uncloaked gibs, what could I alter (or the OP) to make partially invisible enemies that gib to produce partially invisible gibs?

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”